HELP...filing answer tomorrow...scared!!:(

I am filing my answer tomorrow and really nervous!! I just want to make sure I am doing everything correctly.:confused:

I have a separate Certificate of Service and a Verification letter for my answer and my Entry of Appearance. I gather that it is good idea to have them notarized. I called the clerk's office and they said that they do not notarize anything there.

My question is do I go to get EVERYTHING notarized at the bank BEFORE I go to the clerk's office......or do I just need to get the Certificate of Service and verification notarized....how does this part work??

ANY responses would be awesome at this point!!

Hope I get at least a little sleep tonight!

Why do you think they have to be notorized? I don't know anything about GA but in Calif we didn't need to have anything notorized. I did have to answer on a specific form and sign it and take it to the court to file it in the court and send a copy to the Plaintiff and thats it. All the instructions were with the form that I found online at the court site. It sounds like your procedure is different but whatever it is I would follow it to the T and if you do need a notory I would get one. Maybe your bank has one. I would call around. Our local UPS place had one.

I don't think it is required, just recommended. There isn't a form for my state and the only rules that I have found just state that you must file the answer by 30 days. My county clerk's office has been ZERO help!

I was just hoping some of you guys had some experience on whether or not this is important....

I have tried a few attorneys, but maybe I worded my questions the wrong way....they all told me they couldn't give me any advise if I was going to represent myself. I tried to just ask general questions so they wouldn't know that is what I was doing, but I guess I said too much.

Thanks for all the input!

fingers crossed....here we go.

If you haven't discovered elsewhere, when you file your response to the complaint, you should also file an affidavit that is noterized that denies the exisitance of the alleged debt, or the amount of the alleged debt etc. Affidavits are recognized in court as fact. Most of what is included in a complaint is not fact unless supported with an affidavit. JDB us affidavits as there proof of an account. Often these are bogus and you need to counter their with production of proof of your own. A simple affidavit is all that you need.