Two Judgments for Same Issue?

Janu2

I received a notice of a court date in September 2010, which I did not attend. I assumed that the creditor/attorney won a judgment aganst me then; I just never followed up on it. Now I have received a notice of a Small Claims Court hearing in April. Is this a separate judgment being filed against me?

Also, I am now in a position to pay some or all of the debt but don't know how to proceed. My income is protected as it is only social security disability. But I would like pay my debt, and to remove the judgment if possible. Will they agree to vacate the judgment if I pay the debt? What about the Small Claims hearing?

Many thanks for any information and advice.

Guest usctrojanalum

In the past, I have settled judgments in exchange for the judgment being vacated. It's very effective especially if it's the only negative on a credit report.

I had a judgment against me for 2 years, came up with money to pay it off - asked for it to be vacated, attorney didn't care agreed to vacate judgment and my credit report shot up like 40 points within a month.