Why is it so hard to view TU CR?

I am having a problem getting my TU CR and was wondering if anyone here had a similar problem. I printed my free equifax and experian CR's just fine from annualcreditreport.com but TU said my CR was not viewable online due to security reasons. I tried to get my husband's and got the same message for his TU CR as well. I called and spoke with a TU rep who said there are no blocks on the accounts.

Everyone here seems to be discussing all 3 CRA reports. Is no one else having this problem? Any help is appreciated!

Is it possible that TU has the wrong address listed for you? Not all of the reports have accurate info, sometimes one of the CRA's will have a previous address rather than your current address. If you still can't get it online, you might have to get it sent to you via snail mail. You can call 1-877-322-8228 to request your credit report over the phone from AnnualCreditReport.com You will have to provide somesort of identity verification to get it this way.

I had the same problem a last week. I called the number for the free report and went through the whole verification process only to get a letter a few days later saying they don't have my current address on file. Funny that since I've had my TU report pulled twice during my mortgage approval process. They wanted copies of my SS card, and copies of bank statements to prove my address.

They can suck eggs. I don't give that out to anyone that does not have a legal reason to require it.... and they don't have such. They do, on the other hand, have a legal obligation to provide the free report when proper identification is presented and I did that by going through their verificaiton process sucessfully. At best they are entitled to a copy of a state issued identification; which is all that is required to prove who you are for identity theft purposes.

I think TU is skating on thin ice again and trying to not have to give out free reports. I submitted a complaint to my AG and to the FTC. If enough people complain, they will get hammered again.

I must say I was disappointed when I received their request for information to verify my address. They want driver license, SSA card, bank statement/utility bill. That's a lot of information... To top it off, they then rejected my second request stating my driver license was illegibile. I first tried to order my FACT Act report in January and I finally got it in March.

I've lived at same address 2 years and ordered reports multiple times w/in past 18 months.