Final Assignee

Slippy

Final Assignee, By most definitions I can find state:

n. a person to whom property is transferred by sale or gift, particularly real property.

The question is that my summons the CA states:

Plaintiff is the final assignee of (medical center name) located in (city/state) to the debt(s) described herein.

So I am too think the CA owns the debt outright.

But I have found responses to other opost that contradict such as:

in an assignment, the collection agency does not own the debt, and therefore you do not technically owe them any money. There is no way for a collection agency to prove that you owe them money because there is only an assignment of the debt and not a contract between you and the creditor.

Need some help on this so I can answer my summons.

It appears you're being sued by a junk debt buyer. They may have purchased the debt, but JDBs rarely have enough proof to show they own it.

They probably bought a portfolio of many defaulted debts. They may have a bill of sale from whoever they bought it from, but, more than likely, the bill of sale will not include your name and account number. If they can't prove they purchased your specific debt, they can't prove they own it.

They have an account number, my name and address and that about it.

They never responded to my DV (CMRR) and the summons is boilerplate, most likely set up to get default judgement.

They didn't even send copies of anything with the summons. They have no proof it is mine.

So far I have them on 2 FDCPA violations. I am requesting a MTD based on wrong jurisdiction and if the judge allows my motion then I can get them for a 3rd. All this for an alleged $700.00.

Yes

They also reported on the CRA's as in collections, but marked as disputed.

Since they never responded to your timely DV, it's possible you could add another violation...continued collection activity.

So far I have them on 2 FDCPA violations. I am requesting a MTD based on wrong jurisdiction and if the judge allows my motion then I can get them for a 3rd. All this for an alleged $700.00.

If you're allowed, file a counterclaim for the violations.