Jump to content

How to ask for court orders in default judgment?

Recommended Posts

I recently filed suit against a JDB and with only a couple days left to answer my complaint, it appears that they may be defaulting. I'm preparing my Default and Judgment forms and paperwork, and had a question regarding non-monetary awards.

My complaint not only asked for the usual monetary damages but also for "injunctive relief" in the form of a couple of court orders, for example, ordering the JDB to remove trade-line references they've reported to CRAs.

The judgment request form has a section after the monetary calculations for "Other", which is where I assume I'd list the court orders I'd like the court to issue. First question, I guess, is just verifying that the above is exactly what I need to do, right?

The second is: Do I include and submit the proposed Order with the default/judgment paperwork, or is that something that should wait until the default hearing? My familiarity with Court Orders is mostly limited to discovery orders, so I assume its basically the same process, right? I mean you file a Motion along with a proposed Order, etc. Or am I off base here?

Exactly what is the process for seeking a Court Order in conjunction with a Defendant's default?

Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest usctrojanalum

My guess would be you are going to need a separate hearing to get an injunction. Are the monetary damages you are seeking statutory?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.