Calls after C&D

I keep getting calls from Brochfield & Assoc's. after they received my debt validation letter with a c&d statement in that letter.

I don't have a recorder to record what they said. I let it go to my voice mail. I can only save the recording for a few weeks. But the number comes up theirs.

What can I do to document these calls for future violations when I lump them together with other violations I'm sure will come against them?

Thanks,

was your DV timely (within the FIRST 30 days as afforded by FDCPA)? If not, you're SOL unless you give a FULL cease and desist letter, not one of those "don't call me on the phone but writing is OK" limited C&Ds.

If your DV WAS timely, then you may have them on something.

Yes it was timely. Within the 30 day time frame. I indicated that calling me at any time is inconvenient. Any communication has to be by mail. Is that a way for them to get off the hook of calling me after notifying them not to by phone?

Of the 30 day D/V letters that I've sent out with that included, this CA/JDB is the only one calling after they received my notification.

Edited by kingair41

Guest usctrojanalum

Answer the phone when they call. Do you have a smart phone? I have an app on my cell phone that gives me the ability to record my calls and save them as an MP3. If your state law allows, record the phone call.