Sign in to follow this  
junkey1700

:twisted: FEDERAL TAX LIEN

HELLO, I HAD A FEDERAL TAX LIEN (TAXES) FILED AT THE COUNTY COPMTROLLOR OFFICE IN 2007 FOR UNDER 10,000 AND WAS PAID OFF IN 2009.

TODAY I CALLED THE IRS TO SEE IF THEY WOULD REMOVE THE NEG TRADE LINE FOM MY CREDIT REPORTS. THEY SAY, THEY ARE NOT THE ONES REPORTING AND CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT, CONTACT WHO EVER IS REPORTING THE LIEN.

SO, I THAN CONTACTED THE COMPTROLLOR'S OFFICE (AS LISTED ON THE CREDIT REPORT) AND ASK THEM IF THEY WOULD REMOVE THE NEG TRADE LINE FROM MY CREDIT FILES. THEY STATED THEY DO NOT REPORT TO ANY OF THE CRA'S AND FOR ME TO CONTACT THE CRA'S.

I KNOW THAT WOULD BE USELESS 88-).

SO WHAT CAN I DO TO REMOVE THIS LIEN..

I would have some really great cites for you if you were in Cali. That aside you need to contact Reger at TU, LaTonya in hotlanta and MM in Santa Ana. Dispute with each of the 3 CRAs the reporting as inaccurate. They in turn will seek to verify. Based on what you're saying the verification should come back without a response and all three should cease the negative reporting.

If something else happens you're still sitting in extremely good position. Inaccurate reporting is actionable. I wouldn't screw with any organization that can easily collect but the 3 CRAs are fair game all day long.

Good luck.

I THINK THERE ARE GETTING THE INFORMATION FROM A 3RD PARTY. ..LEXISNEXIS. IF THE TRADE LINE IS ACCURATE BUT NOT COMING FROM THE SOURCE STATED ON THE CRA'S REPORT.. WHAT IF ANY RECOURSE WOULD IT HAVE TO GET IT REMOVE PERMANENLY?

Once you have a firm understanding of the FCRA your path will be clear. First 2 letters regular mail. The third letter certified. Your next move would be to send the sheriff out.