Jojool

Class Action Lawsuit against Midland?

Have you sent off your own discovery? The more work you make them do the better for your outcome. I am not sure of GA CP, but I would expect they will file MSJ next. Did you file a MTS affidavit? Have you had a court appearance yet?

Have you sent off your own discovery? The more work you make them do the better for your outcome. I am not sure of GA CP, but I would expect they will file MSJ next. Did you file a MTS affidavit? Have you had a court appearance yet?

No to discovery and no to court appearance- have heard nothing since I filed answers to 1st inter in Oct.

I too received my class action notice from Midland today. Any help would be greatly appreciated on next steps I should take in regards to my pending case with them. Here is what has happened so far:

1. March 2010- receive notice that I'm being sued in Georgia state court by Midland over a "credit card" debt. Attached sworn affadavit says that I defaulted on a credit card issued by HSBC.

2. April 2010- Since I have NEVER applied for or owned an HSBC cc, I file an answer to the compliant with a denial of all facts and state that I may be due relief for violations of FDCPA due to fraud and the filing of a fraudulent affadavit.

3. Sept 2010- receive first set of inter. from plaintiff, again referencing an alleged credit card debt. I call plaintiff attorney and basically explain to him that I never owned said credit card. Attorney rudely blows me off.

4. Oct 2010- file timely answers to inter. which reasserts that I never owned said cc and that I plan to pursue cross and counter claims.

5. Have heard nothing since- assume nothing has happened with the case.

6. Today- receive class action notice.

Help!

What should be my next steps? I've tried to handle this myself as I was out of work for almost 20 months (now employed) and funds are extremely tight.

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

nole

if you are going to peruse your counter claims, then you have to opt out of any settelement with the class action.

have you sent discovery requests out on your case?

how are we suppost to know how to put in member id