dvintexas

Weird coincidence or sneaky CA?

I've started getting calls at work from the notorious Law Office of Curtis O. Barnes out of Anaheim, California. I received 1 at work and requested that they not call me there and another at work yesterday claiming that they thought my work number was a home number. I told her I had no idea why they were calling me and not to call me again at that number and then hung up. I just received the first dunning letter yesterday and plan to send DV before the end of the 30 days.

I use a call blocker app on my cell phone to reject calls from unknown callers, of which I've had a few this week. This morning I got a text message from 714-339-8837 (a Tmobile number according to a reverse lookup site) out of Anaheim that basically says "having trouble paying your mortgage? (I'm not) we can help if so reply HELP or to cancel reply STOP." I'm wondering if the CA might be trying to figure out if the is a working cell number since any unknown calls get automatically rejected. Has anyone ever had a CA do this or do you think this is meerly a weird coincidence?

Edited by dvintexas
Edited to correct area code in phone number from 713 to 714

An unsolicited text message to your cell phone could be a TCPA violation, especially if you pay per text message. If it is them, you can add that to your lawsuit against them.

There is no coincidence.

The number you listed is in area code 713. That's Downtown Houston TX. Anaheim CA is in the area code 714.

In either case, "339-8837" in both area codes are landline phones (both AT&T).

The 713 was a typo on my part. The area code is 714 and reverse lookup I used shows the number to be a Tmobile cell number in Anaheim, CA.

Edited by dvintexas