jenawade

Motion to Dismiss

Hubby filed his papers with the court today for his answers to the Interrogatories. The court clerk looked them over then showed them to a man standing behind her a ways in the office space. He looked everything over and told hubby to file a Motion to Dismiss. So far I found out that refers to 'filing a demurrer' which in turn, in Michigan, is actually a 'motion for summary disposition.' I haven't yet found an example or blank form or 'how to' for that, so if anyone has anything it would be greatly appreciated. We go back to court 5/2 for the hearing.

The court clerk looked them over then showed them to a man standing behind her a ways in the office space. He looked everything over and told hubby to file a Motion to Dismiss.

Who was this man? I thought clerks and their realted staff weren't allowed to offer legal advice??

Was it maybe the judge in civvies??

Who was this man? I thought clerks and their realted staff weren't allowed to offer legal advice??

Was it maybe the judge in civvies??

The clerk told hubby he was a city court appointed attorney. Too bad he didn't offer to help with the motion for free!