Calamity

Any chance Dep Ed will remove lates?

I have some Direct Loans that went into repayment in July 2010. I had moved since they were opened and never received statements. January 31, 2011 I got my credit report and saw that they were past due. I applied all of my tax return and have been reported current as of February.

I also have private loans that I have been been paying on time since July. My address was updated with my school, leading me to the assumption that my address for the Direct Loans would also be updated.

I accept full responsibility for not being more proactive in making sure I received my statements, but since this is very recent I don't want to have to look forward to this bringing my credit down for 7 more years. Do I have any chance at all here?

Good luck, I had 1 60day on my credit report. i send a goodwill letter and disputed on my cr online. I guess about close to 30days later I got a letter from them stating that I was late before I requested a deferrement.

BUT in another 30days I am going to try again - perhaps get the name of the President or somebody upper-head and see if that will fly.

Try and see, maybe they will for you?

Nope...they will not do.

Statements are simply a courtesy. You are expected to make a payment whether or not you receive a bill. This is on the DOE website.

It seems to me that when I submitted the deferment requests for a one I had for my son that I back dated the request to the first month it was due and when they approved it the deferment went from that date for 12 months, it has to be renewed every year and I'm usually late in getting the request in but I believe that after it was approved they all reported current.