Birdnals

CA sent dunning letter after DV

I disputed an old medical collection that has been on my CR for quite some time from the CA Account Brokers of Larimer County from Nov '07. I disputed with both the CRAs and sent a DV to the CA. Today I got a dunning letter from the saying that the debt has been referred to the CA for collection and that I had 30 days to dispute this. Should I wait until I hear back from the CRAs and then use the 1-2 punch with these guys since they essentially gave me another 30 day window to dispute the debt? Although I don't intend to sue at all, was it a violation for them to have been reporting this to the CRAs without having received a dunning letter?

It also shows that the principal amount on the debt of around $1400. Since the date of service in Nov '07 it has since accrued nearly $400 in interest. Call me crazy but that seems like a really high interest rate. Should I save disputing the interest amount for a later date, after they validate the debt? Thanks

Guest usctrojanalum

It also shows that the principal amount on the debt of around $1400. Since the date of service in Nov '07 it has since accrued nearly $400 in interest. Call me crazy but that seems like a really high interest rate.

If the outstanding bill is a Florida judgment, it seems just about right.