I stuck this onto the end of the "credit cards are not lawful" thread but realized it needs its own thread. Let the melee begin. (copied text follows):

I just thought I'd contribute to the perennial thread. A perfect example of "crapitude" (crappy attitude)

Note that the pregnant lady with all the medical problems (uh-huh, I bet - if pregnancy is a "medical problem") was able to nevertheless crank out TWO kids in the space of 24 months while not paying her mortgage for the same 24 months... (extra free time?)

And the wine steward ceased paying his mortgage as a way of "sticking to to the banks."

‘Squatter Rent’ May Boost Spending as U.S. Mortgage Holders Bail - Bloomberg.com

Sounds like they were doing more than just surviving - putting two buns in the oven in the space of two years?!?! Wow, it's a new spin on "survival."

Amazing that they were able to do that amidst all the "medical problems," too.

Edited by Chester P. Dexter

I remember looking at one of those refinance offers back in 07/08 and although the money was tempting to get 100% plus refinance on the inflated value of the house I told my wife that it looked like a recipe to lose your home and didn't pursue it.

There was a time when I cared about my credit score, and about doing what was right in regards to taking care of business but I've had that beaten out of me, if these people can make it work for them by strategically defaulting I say more power to them.

I remember looking at one of those refinance offers back in 07/08 and although the money was tempting to get 100% plus refinance on the inflated value of the house I told my wife that it looked like a recipe to lose your home and didn't pursue it.

There was a time when I cared about my credit score, and about doing what was right in regards to taking care of business but I've had that beaten out of me, if these people can make it work for them by strategically defaulting I say more power to them.

Yep, I remember about the same timeframe, I think it was Ameriquest offered us 125% of our homes appraised value. It sounded great at the time having all that cash, but then I got this sudden vision of me driving around in a gold plated Cadillac with white walls and my wife wearing an $18,000.00 Russian sable fur coat while struggling to pay an $8500 a month mortgage.

No thanks...

Chase recently offered me a 125% refinance opportunity. I doubt they can "produce the note." In regards to the "strategic default' woman who had two births in twenty four months, I'm sure the original lender was paid in full and then some.