Is This Worth Challenging

Has anyone ever been successful with disputing something on one credit report with information on another credit report?

On my Experian CR it shows an item will fall off on 03/2011. On my TransUnion CR the same items are appearing but shows no date of when the items will fall off.

Is it worth me even sending TransUnion copies of Experian report showing that these items were to fall off on 03/2011?

Has anyone ever been successful with disputing something on one credit report with information on another credit report?

On my Experian CR it shows an item will fall off on 03/2011. On my TransUnion CR the same items are appearing but shows no date of when the items will fall off.

Is it worth me even sending TransUnion copies of Experian report showing that these items were to fall off on 03/2011?

Did the item fall off your Experian CR in 3/11? If it did, it's based upon the date the account went into default (date of last payment that didn't bring the account current). If the account is no longer appearing on Experian, dispute it with Transunion.

They are required to consider all information you send in on a dispute. How much consideration they give it is a different issue. If it is supposed to fall off, then the information from the OC (maybe from a 623 investigation) would make a difference but a CRA report would not.

Sorry...no...one CRA is not required to consider the report of another as evidence. They are competitors. The only evidence they are required by the FCRA to verify as accurate is that which is reported to them by their customers...the creditors.

FCRA 611(a)(4) Consideration of consumer information. In conducting any reinvestigation under paragraph (1) with respect to disputed information in the file of any consumer, the consumer reporting agency shall review and consider all relevant information submitted by the consumer in the period described in paragraph (1)(A) with respect to such disputed information.

So knowing how CRA's operate with eOscar, I submit evidence that the lineitem has expired which they promptly ignore. I agree that information from the other CRA is meaningless, but I would contend that if I submit any evidence and it is not reviewed at all in favor of eOscar, then it is a violation. Properly it should be reviewed and then specifically not considered as irrelevant by the CRA.

I think it is a gray area and if the CRA's actually called the OC, you would be absolutely correct but to not consider evidence in favor of a system that is known to be as flawed as the one used is enough for me to at least try to get $1000 if I have some other violations going on too.