rbdaniel33

collections to the wrong person

Good afternoon everyone

I have a question regarding a debt collection listed on me Credit report. I am pretty new here so I am not sure on all the acronyms...

I notice in my Credit Report a collections note from a PENN CREDIT CORPORATION collecting for CITY OF BOYNTON BEACH FIRE RES.

The open date is: 06/2010 and reporting negativetly until current date.

I have not used the services of any Fire Rescue in Boynton Beach, nor from where I live.

Since I was already logged in Experian, I started a Dispute saying that this account does not belong to me.

I am not sure that I have any records or letters from PENN, but will look into it and will post. To me this is the first time I hear from the Fire Rescue Debt or from Penn.

The only thing I know is that my credit score has tumbled down quite a bit from the last time I pull the scores about a year ago.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed?

Thank you

Daniel

Good evening

This could possible be a new post, but since it is a continuation of previous post I added to this.

In October 22nd 2012, I received an envelope with a Debtor profile statement from PENN CREDIT and a print out of the bill from the original debtor. No statement, no explanation.

I need to know, what can I do to get this people straight. as previously stated ,I do not own money to the organization, I did not use their services and I can see now in the bill a different DOB to me.

It has not hit my credit, but counting they will.

Thank you

Daniel

You simply inform them that it is not your debt and if they post it on your credit file the lawsuit from you will be immediate and automatic. Be prepared to follow through.

My answer would be a copy of the suit with a ten day notice that they cure the situation before I file it.

Basically what it comes down to is that they are SAYING (via credit reports) to other people (those who use CRAs to determine people's creditworthiness) that YOU owe something you believe you do not owe. However, no law exists that places a legal restriction on this just on your say so alone. However, a judge can order them to stop, and even compensate you for damages and losses, as well as award you with statutory penalties. To get that, you sue them.

If you (or your attorney) prepare the filing in advance and send them a copy with a demand to cure the problem (usually these things are given 30 to 35 days, but you can go less if you have proof they have been told about their error earlier) to avoid the lawsuit.

Most, but not all, debt collectors will give up because it is not worth the costs. In theory, they be hard-nosed to ignore it (go ahead and sue) or sue you first. It can depend on the amount. How much do they claim you owe.

One thing to check and be sure of it whether or not this involves any tax levies or assessments. Usually tax levies are collected by other means, so I believe this is unlikely. But check to be sure. How long have you lived at this location?