509vista

$28 Ruining My Credit! Please Help!

Hello,

My name is Jeremy and I'm 24 years old. I have had a 730 credit score for some time but to my surprise it is now a 580 and I'm unable to obtain credit.

My goal is to buy a house this year and I'm scared I may have messed it all up. I would appreciate any advise I could get from the viewers of this forum.

Last week I went to apply for a credit card and to my surprise I was denied. When the reason came in the mail it said "Serious Delinquency" and I was blown away. I had cut up my credit cards 5 months prior and was entirely debt free. I went and pulled my credit score and I show a history of 18 credit accounts, past and present, all with great scores and a "never late" disclaimer except for one, Bank of America.

After investigation with the bank I have learned that my iTunes account was still linked to this card and I had bought a movie or two without realizing it. They say they have sent bills but as far as I was concerned I owed them no money so I just never looked. I totally understand that this is my fault I'm just hoping that $28 doesn't ruin my otherwise great credit. The BOA customer service representative acted as if I owed them my life and there is no way out.

I FEEL I HAVE BEEN CAUGHT UP IN A COMPUTERIZED WORLD WHERE RATIONAL THOUGHT DOESNT EXIST! PLEASE HELP!

I rarely check CIC or respond to peoples post. I just read for info and occasionally post something. This is a great site!

First of all, calm down, relax. Second, you are a great person to be so young with such good credit. Finally, this is a fixable situation.

You are one Goodwill letter away from getting this fixed. I always say it's not the letter but who it gets to.

So research goodwill letters, draw one up, post it here so we can critique and tweek it. After that I can give you some email addresses to fire it off to.

:?

Keep on dreaming my friend. You are still young to have that kind of score.

24 year olds can easily have that score. My wife has a BETTER score than that when she was that age.

To the OP - ignore the post above mine. The poster immediately below you has a great point regarding writing a goodwill letter...if you get a draft up we'll be more than happy to critique it for ya :-)

Thanks for backing me up.....I don't know what the other person(Intelligente) is talking about. Sounds like jealousy.

Anyway, 509Vista, listen up! Get started on that letter. BOA is pretty good with stuff like this. They made an adjustment for me because of a mistake that I made. And yes you can get a house by the end of the year, easy!

I am telling you I got people at BOA that helped me in the past.

The letter needs alot, I mean alot, of "butter up" in the beginning. Then explain what happened, then ask them to make the adjustment. If you need a sample, let me know. But me and AK83 need to know how bad you want this to go away.:D

Yep! You are in good hands with both of them! I've read many posts by Amer and Strive in the past when I was around your age when I started my credit repair journey. Though, I had many mishaps on my credit report, but fast forward 5 years - I have a great house and car I had to purchase with my great credit score!

Do what they asked you to do, and BELIEVE ME, you will be ecstatic when you receive your results and watch that credit score JUUUMMMPPP!

Just a brief: When I started, my credit score was 528; now it's 750! ...and you know I'm excited!

(stick with this website and post all your questions and concerns!)

GET ON THE GOODWILL LETTER and good luck!

Thanks Esquire, I really appreciate the compliment. I didn't know alot of people read my posts. I think some of them are very boring.

I hope that the OP (509Vista) didn't lose focus and gave up. I got a goodwill letter in the chamber ready to fire but I need to know he/she is serious.:cool:

I would simply dispute the debt with Chase by CMRRR, wait 30 days, dispute it with the CRA by CMRRR and when the trade line comes back verified (and without a dispute notation) file suit for a FCRA violation against Chase. I don't think they will put up too much of a fight if you agree to trade removal for dismissal of the suit.

Hello,

My name is Jeremy and I'm 24 years old. I have had a 730 credit score for some time but to my surprise it is now a 580 and I'm unable to obtain credit.

My goal is to buy a house this year and I'm scared I may have messed it all up. I would appreciate any advise I could get from the viewers of this forum.

Last week I went to apply for a credit card and to my surprise I was denied. When the reason came in the mail it said "Serious Delinquency" and I was blown away. I had cut up my credit cards 5 months prior and was entirely debt free. I went and pulled my credit score and I show a history of 18 credit accounts, past and present, all with great scores and a "never late" disclaimer except for one, Bank of America.

After investigation with the bank I have learned that my iTunes account was still linked to this card and I had bought a movie or two without realizing it. They say they have sent bills but as far as I was concerned I owed them no money so I just never looked. I totally understand that this is my fault I'm just hoping that $28 doesn't ruin my otherwise great credit. The BOA customer service representative acted as if I owed them my life and there is no way out.

I FEEL I HAVE BEEN CAUGHT UP IN A COMPUTERIZED WORLD WHERE RATIONAL THOUGHT DOESNT EXIST! PLEASE HELP!

A goodwill letter should work for you! The trick is to find the address for the President of Bank Of America. You should be able to get this address from calling BOA and asking. The office of the president is basically the company's highest complain dept. (I work in banking so I know this, these issues/letters will get looked at and a response trust me) so do that homework and send the letter there.

I was able to get 2 late payments deleted off of my Target CC after customer service said they couldn't, so I asked for the president's office address and sent him a certified letter. It was taken care of 2 weeks later and a letter was sent back telling me it would be taken care of. You should be able to get this fixed (definitely pay it since it's legit). Best of luck!

Thanks Twitch, good advice. And I have the president's email address. Once you send a hot rocket to the president, you get like 5 calls the next day from people. I even got a guy that called me and said to call him first before sending anything to the big wig.:shock:

Where you at Jeremy?:confused:

B of A generally doesn't respond to goodwill letters. Count your blessings if they respond to the summons. Just look at the story of the people in Florida who B of A tried to foreclose on even though they bought their house for cash and never owed B of A a penny. They demanded reimbursement of their legal fees from B of A (goodwill letter style), got ignored, sued B of A, got ignored again. It was only when the Sheriff showed up with a moving van to take B of A's furniture away in a foreclosure to enforce their Judgment than B of A took them seriously. Expect the same.

Edited by Flyingifr

B of A generally doesn't respond to goodwill letters. Count your blessings if they respond to the summons. Just look at the story of the people in Florida who B of A tried to foreclose on even though they bought their house for cash and never owed B of A a penny. They demanded reimbursement of their legal fees from B of A (goodwill letter style), got ignored, sued B of A, got ignored again. It was only when the Sheriff showed up with a moving van to take B of A's furniture away in a foreclosure to enforce their Judgment than B of A took them seriously. Expect the same.

Here's the link Bank of America in Florida Foreclosed On by Angry Homeowner - ABC News

I didn't know what credit scores were when I was 24 LOL ... I wish I did tho :( Good luck, I am sure a goodwill letter will work for you - I have written many and got several things adjusted in my credit - don't use a template letter online, unless you really customize it - I had the most luck with letters that were heartfelt and personalized to the situation.