cpt_ross

Recomendation for maximum number of initial disputes with CRA?

I am ready to draft my initial letters to CRA's. I have searched/read for hours on this wonderful site, however, have not come up with an answer to a question I have. How many TL's should I dispute on my initial letter(s)? I have read that there are different schools of thought on whether to write one letter (Per CRA) with all of the disputes or an individual letter (Per CRA) for each TL disputed. However, I am not sure on how many to dispute. The closest I read to an answer was a post simply stating as an initial step, to 'dispute all negative TL's' with the CRA's.

I have one repossession, 6 loan default/settled accounts, and 4 collection accounts on my CR's. I am new to this, but disputing all of that at once seems excessive. I know the answer to this is subjective and I am sure different people have had success with different strategies as far as this goes. I am posting to get some feedback on what has worked for others, so I can make an educated decision for my credit repair efforts.

Also, I am unsure on whether to go with one letter (Per CRA) or one letter per TL (per CRA). Does the number of the items I intend to dispute play into this?

Any experiences/input, whether the results were positive or negative, will be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

RG

Great question and I hope my advice gives you some insight as you prepare for your Credit Repair Journey.

When I started dispute TL's I focused on categories. For examples, if I had 6 accounts in collections, I would dispute with CRA's one at time. I would send one letter and wait until I felt comfortable when doing multiple at a given time.

The most I disputed at one given time was 2 and I did it all online.

There are many ways to approach the credit repair process, but you want to do what works best for you. Plus, you need to keep the paper trails of each TL's you dispute; it'll make your life easier.

I started by disputing my personal information, and once I received some victories there...I moved onward to the TL's.

Great question and I hope my advice gives you some insight as you prepare for your Credit Repair Journey.

When I started dispute TL's I focused on categories. For examples, if I had 6 accounts in collections, I would dispute with CRA's one at time. I would send one letter and wait until I felt comfortable when doing multiple at a given time.

The most I disputed at one given time was 2 and I did it all online.

There are many ways to approach the credit repair process, but you want to do what works best for you. Plus, you need to keep the paper trails of each TL's you dispute; it'll make your life easier.

I started by disputing my personal information, and once I received some victories there...I moved onward to the TL's.

I'm curious. What is the advantage to disputing personal information and what are you disputing? Old addresses? Name variations? I'm just asking because I have some VERY old addresses on my CR and I wonder if there is any advantage to disputing them.

Im afraid I don't have the answer to your question, but I hope you get a response. There are certainly a lot of very knowledgable people on these forums and I have been wondering the same thing about whether or not to spend the time disputing an inaccurate and very old addresses on my credit reports. Good luck to you with the TL disputes. I started mine two at a time because I read in one of the older posts that many times people try to dispute all at once and the CRA's tend not to take them serious. I had pretty good luck at first, now I am in the process of debt validations.

Again, Good Luck!

^^ Agreed.

I disputed my personal information which was incorrect - personal addresses, names, employer's information, etc. When those were a success at removing, I move onto the collections since I had the "paper trail" system down.