Sign in to follow this  
KWKSLVR

PRA Lying on CR

I requested MOV from Equifax and they sent the slip back that merely stated that they had received additional information from PRA. Should I send a letter to PRA requesting the same information they provided Equifax?

Also, it's been over 50 days since the OC received my 623 request. Is it time to send them a letter demanding removal of the listing or face lawsuit? I know they received it in addition to my fax confirmation because they updated the listing with the CRA's as being in dispute. Tomorrow will be 53 days since they were 623'd.

I'm this: |-| close to calling a consumer advocate attorney.

KWKSLVR,

I received a letter from PRA at the beginning on June stating they bought a debt from HSBC Bank. I called them to dispute the HSBC account as fraud, then I followed up with a dispute letter. PRA never responded to the DV letter.

I thought they might have just left me alone. I checked my credit report at the end of August and saw that they started reporting in August. I called PRA back again and told them that they received my dispute letter on July 3, 2011. The rep told me, oh that was not a dispute letter, that was a verification letter. I told her, look I have the letter in front of me and it says dispute - plain as day.

It is my understanding that PRA never intended to respond to my dispute letter and not being the OC, you cannot start reporting to the CRAs before you validate the debt. I asked to speak to her compliance or legal department. The rep hung up the phone on me.

I called right back and spoke to another rep. I told her that in my initial letter I disputed this account as fraud with HSBC. HSBC deleted it from the credit report. She says we will send you out a dispute package in the mail. I told her, it has been 2 months and you have not sent me anything. Then she changed her story and told me to send a dispute letter. I told her if you look at the account, I already did. If you do not delete the trade line, I will sue you. She took down my attorneys name and number.

I then disputed the trade line with the CRAs online. Typed up another letter, sent it to them via email and sent it CMRRR. I then made a compliant with the Michigan AG and FTC.

I have a FDCPA case, but I want to build the FCRA claim. I will wait till they update my credit report. If it does not show as "In Dispute", I have a valid FCRA violation. Then, once I get the CRAs responses back, I will send a MOV and see if they respond.

The HSBC account that was fraud was only for $409 and PRA is showing it as $1,483.17. That is another FCRA violation. I will let PRA dig a deeper hole for themselves and then I will throw the dirt on top of them. Let me know how your saga with PRA and the CRAs progresses.

I'll keep everyone in the loop. I know this thread is mostly me rambling, ranting and talking to myself but hopefully chronicling this will be relevant to someone else.

I'm waiting to hear back from an consumer advocate attorney about all of this. I've been meticulous about my record keeping; I'm just at the point where I think that I need the advice of someone that knows what they're doing.

So far I have a JDB that tells me over the phone to send them a letter and they'll send me info. So I send them a letter disputing the account and a follow up letter and hear NOTHING from them in three months other than seeing where they updated their listing on my CR to reflect "Disputed by Consumer".

I have dealings with a CRA that seems to just ignore any law that dictates their obligation to converse results of inquiries with me in a certain way within a certain time frame.

I have an OC that I contact that took literally an hour and a half with 4 calls to 4 different offices to even find someone that can find ANYTHING about an account with my name on it that tells me, "Oh, please fax us immediately and we'll send you copies of everything we have". Not to mention that they even feed me BS like, "Oh, I'm staring at a copy of the credit application right here". "Ok, GREAT! That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Y'all will send that too, right?" "Absolutely, you'll get a big packet in the mail with copies of everything but it will take a few weeks". :roll:

Depending on what the attorney says, I want to just file a police report for identity theft and send a copy of the report along with a cease and desist to the OC and the JDB. I could care less about non-existent collections calls. I could also care less about having grounds to sue (although if an attorney gets involved and that keeps me from footing the bill, then great). All I care about is getting it OFF my credit and keeping it off.

This has been an annoying pain the rear, and I'm a principled person. I would spend 10K fighting something worth 2K just based on principle. They're screwing with the wrong person. No offense to anyone that is, but I'm not some broke low life that chooses to not pay bills and I don't have much of a fuse with playing footsies with these people. :lol:

OK, got a letter back from the OC on my 623. These people are completely damn worthless. Instead of getting back any actual information, they sent me a single piece of paper that basically says:

* Date Opened

* That they have a signed application on file (yeah right)

* Sold to PRA and contact them with any questions.

:complainer:

Where the hell are my damn copies of paperwork!!!?

You're building a decent FCRA case...they do take a lot of time and require a lot of documentation...

I think it's time you 623 PRA and see what happens...you may be able to get the OC and PRA in a violation here.

Well, I definitely already have them (the OC) on a FCRA violation over the 30 days. I'm thinking I should probably write them again with a copy of the letters I've sent to them thus far and tell them that not only are they in violation over the 30 day issue, but they're in violation for NOT providing me with what THEY say THEY have. Not to mention, it was these people that asked me to write/fax them in the first place when I called them on the phone. If they have it, they need to send it to me. If they don't, they need to delete.

On PRA, can I technically 623 a JDB? I've sent PRA several letters and never heard a thing from them. They've gotten a couple of DV letters and a letter I sent to them requesting the information they provided to the CRA's in order to answer my dispute. Of course, they've remained silent.

If it makes you feel better LOL I'm disputing a claim with PRA too. They have so much erroneous information on their "validation" it's ridiculous. It literally looks like they took addresses and information from my credit report and compiled an "agreement" from one of my old creditors only problem is none of the information goes together for example they have the address of one location with the landlord listed from a previous address as the landlord for that address.

They are also claiming I made a payment to them, which I never did, but if I had the SOL would be extended YET the payment does not show up on their supposed validation document.

I had a FIELD day pointing out all of their mistakes as well as a police report that shows when this debt actually occurred and the actual address at the time the debt was created(that's a different story). Well all that was to say STICK IT TO PRA because they are HUGE scammers!

If it's really not your account you've been wasting your time. Fill out the FTC ID Theft Affidavit and everything that entails and send it certified to the CRA. The CRA will then be required to remove the listing and block it from ever reporting again in any fashion.

I would start by filing a temporary fraud alert with any of the 3 CRA. This will trigger the other 2 to place the same alert. You will then receive in the mail confirmation from each of the 3 CRA of such alert. That confirmation notice will contain a special mailing address to the fraud resolution portion of their company. Then, send your fraud affidavit certified to that address.

Note: do NOT follow this strategy if this is your account or an account on which you cosigned.

Sorry I've been MIA, but I've had absolutely nothing to update with. I recently did get another letter from the OC that says essentially the same thing as the last letter (basically nothing) only stating that they've sold the account to PRA. So what's my next move? If they don't have actual records/credit application, etc, how do I get this off my credit report. If they do have these records, how do I GET THEM? The OC, HSBC, is VERY good at record keeping so I was expecting to get something in my hands. Do I make some copies of this latest letter and send a copy of it and the previous one back with a letter that basically says, "Look, we've had this correspondence that I initiated with you because you told me that I had to in order to get copies of everything associated with this account, including the original credit application which you said you have, and would mail to me, yet you haven't. So please either: A) Send me copies of the credit application B) Remove the reporting from the big three if you don't have it C) Do none of the above and I'll see you in court."???

I mean, they aren't suppose to be reporting something that they have no record of. HSBC HAS to have something because there's no way that PRA paid extra to get the actual paperwork.

If it's really not your account you've been wasting your time. Fill out the FTC ID Theft Affidavit and everything that entails and send it certified to the CRA. The CRA will then be required to remove the listing and block it from ever reporting again in any fashion.

Isn't that to report if you know or think you know who stole your identity and is filed along with a police report?

Fired off two more letters, one to the OC, the other to the JDB, including copies of everything I've sent them in the past and that they've sent me (which, in the JDB's case, is nothing).

Just want you to know; I do so appreciate this thread, it's helping me to get some basic protocol straight and also, to know that things do not go quite as planned in getting the requested correspondance back, with these sniveling oc's and jdb's~!

I also, must admit; as I check in time and time again to see what else has been posted, the thought occurred to me that this is almost more tantalyzing than a soap opera!! No offense, but it would be interesting if one of those movie moguls were to shape a sitcom around credit repair....LOL....ya know, cut to the CRA agency, then to the OC, then to the JDB...hee hee....it would be great!

One needs to find some humor here and there during this grueling process!

Keep up the information....I am finding it quite useful for my process...thanks so much! :D