Seafoam...

Have you used it?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used it?

• YES! used in and LOVED it!
    • NO way in hell - I hate it - stay away
    • Take it or leave it.

hey guys and gals...

I came across this stuff called "seafoam", some sort of fuel additive that you can use to help clean your engine by putting it in the gas tank, oil, AND your vacuum system. If done right (specifically vacuum intake) it produces one hell of a smoke cloud, cleaning carbon and crap from your engine.

Wondering if anyone has FIRST-HAND knowledge of it? It seems to be a good deal, with minimal complaints, but I don't know those folks. Here, I do a bit more.

Just wondering if anyone's used it....would you do it again? thoughts...?

Sea foam is a gas stablizer. I use it all the time in my small engines, lawnmowers, etc. If you don't use it the gas goes bad and gums up the carb. It helps a lot. There is another one that I use too, just can't think of the name at the moment.

Sea foam is a gas stablizer. I use it all the time in my small engines, lawnmowers, etc. If you don't use it the gas goes bad and gums up the carb. It helps a lot.

I use it the same way, great stuff! Also, if an engine is not going to be used for a while, I pour a small amount into the carb of a running engine to protect it. In autos and bikes, I dump a small amount in the gas tank to keep the injectors clean.

As an aside, when I was in HS, the used car dealers used to pour ATF (automatic transmission fluid) in auto carbs to quieten noisy hydraulic lifters. Worked great for a few hundred miles until the lifters got stopped up again. Point is, all this stuff (Marvel Mystery Oil, ATF, Seafoam, etc.) dissolves carbon and the gummy residue from gasoline. Seafoam seems to work better than most, but nothing is a magic cure for a poorly maintained engine.

Yup , there is no magic cure. Consider now that your car is getting ethanol in the gas mix by some 10-20 % depending on where you live. Unless your car was made to take ethanol as a flex fuel, then consider adding a injector cleaning agent to your fuel about the time you change your oil, and some octane boost if your going on a trip..........pay up now or pay later.

Sea foam is a stabilizer, you need to add a cleaner and upper cylinder lube, there are many and not much difference in them except price.