syvil

NCO FIN/99 Help

Hi All,

I've been reading a lot of forums about dealing with NCO Financial but I'm not sure what route to take.

Long story short I moved from California to Texas in late 2009, shortly after my ex and I broke up she moved out and during the process our mail got all messed up (the mail man thought we both moved so stopped giving me my mail). Once I got that issue resolved I saw on my credit report there was a collection for $199 from NCO Financial for PG&E in California. It was past the 30 days so they would no longer remove if I paid.

Now I have no issue paying this debt but they will not to do a PFD and this $199 "debt" that I'm willing to pay as long as it's removed from my credit report is killing my score. I have cars, major credit cards, furniture, electronics, etc that I've bought on credit and paid off fully so this is frustrating.

Can anyone give me some tips on what to do and if they've had some success with NCO I've read they can be a pain to deal with but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get this removed. It's amazing how a $199 debt I'm willing to pay can severely hurt my credit so much.

Thanks in advance!

Did you speak directly with PG&E? If you didn't, give that a try. Sometimes one can be more successful with a PFD when speaking with the original creditor.

To be honest, though, as long as NCO is collecting for PG&E, and they're both reporting accurately, neither one is obligated to remove a negative entry from your CR.

Contact PG&E and offer pay for delete. I had a balance with the IL Tollway and they also contracted with NCO Fin. I struck a deal with the Tollway for 10% of the debt....paid it off directly to the Tollway. Then I disputed with the CRBs....NCO was deleted. Try that. and good luck! :)

Hi,

I called PG&E and offered to pay for delete but they wouldn't do it since the debt is turned over to NCO. Any other tips you guys can give me?

Thanks.

As long as their entry on your CR is accurate, there's not anything you can do. They have every right to report.

NCO placed the Trade Line on your Credit Report, NCO is the one who will have to remove it. That is the bad news.

The good news is that if you give NCO enough rope they will certainly commit a FCRA or FDCPA violation. When they do, you file suit and make removal of the TL a part of the settlement of the suit. I am certain they will just LOVE being sued for $1,000over a $199 debt.

Great news guys!

I disputed this debt last week and today it was deleted from my credit report! According to Experian.

Congrats, It was removed without you having to pay the debt?

Does anyone know if it is possible for the CA to re-add at a later date once it is removed?

It would be deleted if the creditor does not respond to the dispute in time. But if they respond late, it can be added back at that time. You are supposed to be notified if that happens.

Congrats, It was removed without you having to pay the debt?

Does anyone know if it is possible for the CA to re-add at a later date once it is removed?

Yes, and it can be resold to another collection company and reposted with them and the process starts all over again.