MadMonkey

TrueCredit is not what it used to be

Just heads up to those of you that subscribe to TrueCredit.com.

I have been using them for years and unfortunately have recommended them to many.

I found out today, by surprise that I have not been notified of Regular Inquiries, (hard pulls) that have taken place on my TransUnion report.

(NOTE: TransUnion and Truecredit are the same company)

For example I had a hard pull from a company that I don't know who they are back in February, 2011. When I reviewed my notifications from TrueCredit.com it shows that there were no changes to my account, specifically "no inquires". The company that did the hard pull is a collection agency, based on what I could find on the net. I have not applied for any credit this year so I know its not a legit pull.

As I type this I am on hold for the third time, as I constantly get disconnected because no one with them. However if any of you need the direct number for TrueCredit here it is.

800-493-2392

All post back later with the outcome. I just wanted everyone to be aware of the issue and if anyone else can chime in about there experience please do.

TC pretty much sux now. there are much better options that also allow daily pulls as TC used to do.

TC pretty much sux now. there are much better options that also allow daily pulls as TC used to do.

Raysway, can you post some of them. I would be interested in looking at them.

Just got of the phone with TC and they ended up giving a couple more months free.

Plus they admitted they have a technical clitch. (almost fell out of my chair laughing) that they created a trouble ticket on.

I primarily use USAA's Credit Check Monitoring. you have to sign up with USAA but sign up is free and the monitoring is 12.95/mo. you do not have to have military affiliation to join.

I do the same. It is unlimited pulls on USAA's service (which is hosted through Experian). I pull weekly on Tuesdays. It's part of my ritual.