bidasx

Judgment for the Defendant (Me)

I won in court two years or so ago. They didn't have the witness within a certain distance of the courthouse for me to talk to so everything they had was hearsay. I asked for a dismissal with prejudice and he gave me a "Judgment for the Defendant" which is me. In my Judgment I basically just put amount owed is $0. I submitted it to the Judge and he signed it then I stopped there...

What is the next step? I suppose I have to serve it to the plaintiff? But I'm not trying to collect anything.

The reason I ask is that the CA is still reporting this collection on my credit report and I want to get rid of it for good. Can I use the signed Judgment to get it removed from my credit report by disputing?

Send a copy of the judgement to the CA and let them know if they do not remove in 30 days, you will file suit for violation of the FCRA and the FDCPA.

(inaccurate reporting and misrepresenting a debt)

I won in court two years or so ago. They didn't have the witness within a certain distance of the courthouse for me to talk to so everything they had was hearsay. I asked for a dismissal with prejudice and he gave me a "Judgment for the Defendant" which is me. In my Judgment I basically just put amount owed is $0. I submitted it to the Judge and he signed it then I stopped there...

What is the next step? I suppose I have to serve it to the plaintiff? But I'm not trying to collect anything.

The reason I ask is that the CA is still reporting this collection on my credit report and I want to get rid of it for good. Can I use the signed Judgment to get it removed from my credit report by disputing?

I would send a copy of the judgment to the CRAs, and see what happens.

I'll be sending in a copy to the CRAs with a letter asking for removal.

As far as the JDB appealing the judgment... It's been awhile now, on the online case screen it shows a Judgment for me but the case also remains open. Obviously I haven't followed through with it...

Will they have a chance to appeal when I "serve" them, or does the fact the Judge signed off on the judgment way back then matter and so they've taken too long?