new here

adiaz73

Morning everyone , Happy Sunday .

I recently contacted Midland Credit Mgmt through the phone and had reach a settlement to pay the acct , the person I talked to said I would received a letter confirming the agreement and the deletion of the acct . Well I did received the letter but it only states that the acct will be shown as pay in full , when I called back and asked him about the acct being deleted he now says they can't do that!

my question is , do I have to take the settlement as it is ? or could I still ask for a DV ? can I still send them a settlement letter asking them to do a pay for deletion ?

I would greatly appreciate aynone's input ... thanks !

Morning everyone , Happy Sunday .

I recently contacted Midland Credit Mgmt through the phone and had reach a settlement to pay the acct , the person I talked to said I would received a letter confirming the agreement and the deletion of the acct . Well I did received the letter but it only states that the acct will be shown as pay in full , when I called back and asked him about the acct being deleted he now says they can't do that!

my question is , do I have to take the settlement as it is ? or could I still ask for a DV ? can I still send them a settlement letter asking them to do a pay for deletion ?

I would greatly appreciate aynone's input ... thanks !

Welcome aboard. Now you see why you want all agreements in writing before you send money.You are now in negotiation phase. I would simply insert the deletion clause into the agreement, initial it and send it back (unsigned).

Expect them to get back to you with some bullsh*t comment that "credit bartering is illegal". If the do, they just violated FDCPA because there is no such prohibition in law - in fact the law does not even mention the term "credit bartering". When that happens you file suit for the FDCPA violation and deletion now becomes part of the settlement along with the $1000 they will send you.