Thank u all-but new ?

ken5025

I want to thank all of you for the great advice you all have given me. I had about 6 different CA's try to collect on a $2000 T-Mobile debt that had been for a bankrupt business, but had my name on it. T-Mobile refused to file a claim in BR court, even tho there was more than enough money to pay it. Anyway, I wrote all validation letters, follow ups and after 2 years, the SOL finally ran out and the collection efforts have completely stopped, and have been removed from my credit report.

My credit score is 805. .........but, i just got a notice from BYL collection saying they had been assigned a SW gas bill of mine that was past due. I had paid a closing bill in 6/11 for a rental property i own, and misread the amount by $30.00. I never got another notice or bill from SWG and had no idea i had underpaid-i didn't believe i even owed it since no notice was sent. So today i went on SWG site and sure enough, i owed $30.00 for May. I could not believe SWG turned me over so fast without so much as a letter or follow up bill. Anyway, i was able to pay the bill on line to SWG( i could not believe it accepted payment, since SWG sold the debt), but still have this CA i need to take care of. Since SWG accepted my payment, can the CA still come after me? I just wrote and asked for validation, and also asking for proof that the bill has not been paid. Does this get me off the hook, or am i doomed to another 2 years of fighting with CA?

I want to thank all of you for the great advice you all have given me. I had about 6 different CA's try to collect on a $2000 T-Mobile debt that had been for a bankrupt business, but had my name on it. T-Mobile refused to file a claim in BR court, even tho there was more than enough money to pay it. Anyway, I wrote all validation letters, follow ups and after 2 years, the SOL finally ran out and the collection efforts have completely stopped, and have been removed from my credit report.

My credit score is 805. .........but, i just got a notice from BYL collection saying they had been assigned a SW gas bill of mine that was past due. I had paid a closing bill in 6/11 for a rental property i own, and misread the amount by $30.00. I never got another notice or bill from SWG and had no idea i had underpaid-i didn't believe i even owed it since no notice was sent. So today i went on SWG site and sure enough, i owed $30.00 for May. I could not believe SWG turned me over so fast without so much as a letter or follow up bill. Anyway, i was able to pay the bill on line to SWG( i could not believe it accepted payment, since SWG sold the debt), but still have this CA i need to take care of. Since SWG accepted my payment, can the CA still come after me? I just wrote and asked for validation, and also asking for proof that the bill has not been paid. Does this get me off the hook, or am i doomed to another 2 years of fighting with CA?

If you owed $30 for May, I doubt the sold the debt. The CA merely collects for them.

• 4 weeks later...