CR shows account in Collection before Trial

I looked at my CR, found that the JDB placed the alleged account they are suing me for:

Placed for Collections

Collection Account

Factoring Company Account

Is this violation of the FDCPA? We haven't been to trial yet?

I was doing some reading and found a post where someone said to check the CR to see if it was stated in Collections already...and that JDB get a head of themselves doing this and violate the FDCPA by doing so.

I looked at my CR, found that the JDB placed the alleged account they are suing me for:

Placed for Collections

Collection Account

Factoring Company Account

Is this violation of the FDCPA? We haven't been to trial yet?

I was doing some reading and found a post where someone said to check the CR to see if it was stated in Collections already...and that JDB get a head of themselves doing this and violate the FDCPA by doing so.

If the JDB "owns" the account, they can report it to the credit reporting agencies. A credit report has nothing to do with whether or not they sue you.

If the JDB "owns" the account, they can report it to the credit reporting agencies. A credit report has nothing to do with whether or not they sue you.

Got ya! As I said...it was something I pulled from a thread dealing with a case in Florida where it was stated that sometimes JDB get a head of themselves and will post on your CR that the account is put in Collections. Then was stated that this violates the FDCPA. So wanted to find out what the validity of this statement was.

Got ya! As I said...it was something I pulled from a thread dealing with a case in Florida where it was stated that sometimes JDB get a head of themselves and will post on your CR that the account is put in Collections. Then was stated that this violates the FDCPA. So wanted to find out what the validity of this statement was.

I have never heard of such a thing. Do you mind posting the link to the thread?

But I do spot an FDCPA and FCRA violation there. A JDB in no way qualifies as a Factoring Company and is a false and misleading statement.

True, KentWA...!

OP, Check your state laws (on credit and fair collection) and follow up w/fdcpa. Reporting as a factoring company on a CR (when they are not one) could be a violation of both laws...;)

Please see the following links about JDB's reporting as Factoring companies, for more information:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/collections/284072-factoring-company.html

(in the above, pay close attention to post#5 by hannah).

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/there-lawyer-house/243407-out-closet-portfolio-recovery-associates.html

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/there-lawyer-house/242355-if-jdb-listed-factoring-account-your-cr-please-read.html

Good luck! :)++