Paid Collections Reporting-Question

FightingLikeAGirl

My fiance has a medical collection that was paid a few years ago. They are reporting as paid/closed with balance zero. Yet they are recently were STILL reporting as recent as THIS month. Can they continue to report after debt is satisfied? From my understanding, a more recent derogatory has more weight than one that hasn't reported recently. Is that correct?

My fiance has a medical collection that was paid a few years ago. They are reporting as paid/closed with balance zero. Yet they are recently were STILL reporting as recent as THIS month. Can they continue to report after debt is satisfied? From my understanding, a more recent derogatory has more weight than one that hasn't reported recently. Is that correct?

Yes, they can still report. A TL can remain on a CR for 7 to 7 1/2 years after the date of default.

Typically the more recent a default, the more weight it carries. If all of your current (active) accounts are in good standing, an older default will not hurt your CR as much.