court pretrial for debt

I was served by Farrell and Seldin for Discover credit card. I asnwered their summons and am scheduled for pre-trial in september. my problem i was working with a debt settlement company backed by attorneys LHDR - but they don't help you if you go to court. They have been in contact with LHDR - since they have been talking to LHDR - does that give them evidence that I have admitted to the debt. The amount they say I owe is $3000 more than the original debt. I'm just trying to figure out what I should bring and ask for in pre=trial. they have an affidavit from DB Services who supposedly is an affiliate of discover that states they have the records and they have verified that the account is mine, that the amount is accurate, etc.

Should I go in and state that I was working with a debt settlement company and why -- I was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to pay off my debts within 3 years so my daugher would not have to deal with my debts upon my death. Also this debt settlement company has had this account for 2 years and have not really been doing much with this account.

There were violations with how they served me -- they served after 9:00 which is a FDCPA violation. Can I send a cease and desist order and a verification and validation or can i request discovery.

Any help would be appreciated.

I was served by Farrell and Seldin for Discover credit card. I asnwered their summons and am scheduled for pre-trial in september. my problem i was working with a debt settlement company backed by attorneys LHDR - but they don't help you if you go to court. They have been in contact with LHDR - since they have been talking to LHDR - does that give them evidence that I have admitted to the debt. The amount they say I owe is $3000 more than the original debt. I'm just trying to figure out what I should bring and ask for in pre=trial. they have an affidavit from DB Services who supposedly is an affiliate of discover that states they have the records and they have verified that the account is mine, that the amount is accurate, etc.

Should I go in and state that I was working with a debt settlement company and why -- I was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to pay off my debts within 3 years so my daugher would not have to deal with my debts upon my death. Also this debt settlement company has had this account for 2 years and have not really been doing much with this account.

There were violations with how they served me -- they served after 9:00 which is a FDCPA violation. Can I send a cease and desist order and a verification and validation or can i request discovery.

Any help would be appreciated.

Farrell & Seldin are a menace. They can be persistent and tenacious beyond belief, or they can drop without much of a fight. Mostly the former. I haven't figured out the common thread there. I hate to tell you this, but prepare yourself for a very nasty fight. They won't care about your situation and they won't care if you can't pay them. Forget about cease and desists and validations. You need to be ready to hit back and hit back hard. They are liars and they won't hesitate to break laws if they think they can get away with it. They don't even care if you are the actual person who owes the debt.

They've been in the news in my state for some bad things, so put them in the news in your state. If you can't find a really brutal claim against them, you are going to have to get down in the mud.