Oarman1954

5.9 Magnitude Earthquake!

Who else got jolted by the earthquake a few minutes ago? My whole area was rocking and we are in Ohio!! The epicenter was in Virginia and I guess it also went all the way down the seaboard!!

About 1/3 of the country felt it because it was very shallow. I'm in the Philadelphia burbs. We felt a good jolt. My colleagues in NYC and in central Jersey also felt it.

Felt it in NJ. My dog slept through it. I thought they always sensed them in the movies?

My neighbor came out in her underwear. I'm praying for aftershocks....

Edited by workingpoor

The North Anna (nuclear) Power Plant is located near the epicenter of the quake, on a fault line, like a lot of nuclear plants. No damage reported, but a possible hurricane is on it's way. Two reactors at North Anna were shut down and went on back-up diesel generators.

Search "Fukushima nuclear disaster" to see what could happen if a nuclear plant melts down, note the similarities to the DC quake.

Japan Confirms Complete Core Nuclear Meltdown In 3 Fukushima Reactors :

Also, no aftershock has been reported. If this is a foreshock, the worst is yet to come!

The North Anna (nuclear) Power Plant is located near the epicenter of the quake, on a fault line, like a lot of nuclear plants. No damage reported, but a possible hurricane is on it's way. Two reactors at North Anna were shut down and went on back-up diesel generators.

Search "Fukushima nuclear disaster" to see what could happen if a nuclear plant melts down, note the similarities to the DC quake.

Japan Confirms Complete Core Nuclear Meltdown In 3 Fukushima Reactors :

Also, no aftershock has been reported. If this is a foreshock, the worst is yet to come!

I'm not allowed to build a shed too close to my property line, but they build all nuclear power plants on fault lines. That's genius.

I'm not allowed to build a shed too close to my property line, but they build all nuclear power plants on fault lines. That's genius.
:D So right!!! What geniuses!

Felt it on LI

Dito on the L.I. here in Hauppauge -on the first floor of a four story building.

I was talking to a client on my cell sitting at my desk, heard a squeaking sound. Looking out the window, my blinds were moving back n forth, then the concrete vertical beams were shaking. I was thinking to my self - an earth quake in New York... I got up and went out to the parking lot still speaking to my client...

Getting ready for a hurricane party this weekend......xangelxxdancexxangelx

Edited by 2ndTimeAround

Getting ready for a hurricane party this weekend......

"Party like there's no tomorrow", eh?

I like that philosophy!! ::rockon::

"Party like there's no tomorrow", eh?

I like that philosophy!! ::rockon::

I'm going to hunker down and watch 2012.

Seems appropriate...