CRA letter question

cali11

First off im new here.I have been lurking & reading for a few days,and love this site!Im sending a dipute letter that I got off this site, to the CRAs.On the letter where it says "RE" is that where you put your CRA report number?I cant seem to find a report number on myfico Transunion & Equfax.Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Hello. it depends on what letter you're using.

in the RE: section I usually put: "RE: Inaccuracies on my (name of CRA) credit report." if I have a specific report # I add it to the end of that.

a bit of advice though. you really need to obtain your reports directly from each bureau. myFICO is good for giving you a very generalized FICO score, but NOT good at all for complete and reliable information regarding your accounts.

Hello. it depends on what letter you're using.

in the RE: section I usually put: "RE: Inaccuracies on my (name of CRA) credit report." if I have a specific report # I add it to the end of that.

a bit of advice though. you really need to obtain your reports directly from each bureau. myFICO is good for giving you a very generalized FICO score, but NOT good at all for complete and reliable information regarding your accounts.

Thanks for the reply,I did sighn up for truecredit(transunion) & Experian.Is there a better service out there that will let you see all 3 reports?

all consumers are granted one free credit report from the 3 major bureaus (EQ, EX, TU) per year (12 months specifically). go here and claim your reports directly from each bureau: annualcreditreport.com

these reports will be much more comprehensive and complete. use this as your basis of info for disputes and other repair efforts.

as far as a monitoring service, I like CreditCheck Monitoring available through USAA. you do have to join USAA, but that free and the monitoring service is only $12.95. pretty cheap relatively-speaking.