Atlantic Credity and Finance-Hosto, Buchan, & Prater

divinczech

My wife and I are in the process of a short sale with our home in Texas. With the escrow office did research, she found my wife had two judgments on her credit, one with Citibank but it was through and atty's office and the other with Atlantic Credity and Finance which sounds like a a.k.a. for Hosto, Buchan, & Prater out of Little Rock, AK. Our escrow officer says that we have to get these taken care of before the sale of our house. The first with the atty's office issued a partial release of the abstract of judgment because the house we are selling is our homestead. I've called and the oc is Household Bank (HSBC). Hosto & Buchan will not issue a partial release, the will only issue a full release and they want to settle on an amount. Can they prevent the sale of my home even though it's technically my homestead? I don't know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you...any real estate legal advise will be greatly appreciated. I'm supposed to close tomorrow.