The nicest letter I ever received from a CA!!!

ADAM09

I received a nice collection letter from Palisades collections a few weeks ago. Here is the letter word for word.

Dear XXXXXX, XXXX:

In these hard economic times, we understand that it is difficult for many Americans to face their rising debt levels, especially when unemployment continues to rise. With credit ratings becoming more and more important in the everyday lives of most Americans, we also understand the dilemma posed by unpaid debts apearing on your credit report. We understand these things because most of us find ourselves in these troubling situations at some point in our lives and sometimes people need a helping hand.

This is why we want to let you know that we are willing to work with you to help clear up this debt. We understand that the balance due on this account may be well beyond you ability to pay in full right now. Therefore, we are prepared to work with you on an amicable payment arrangement that will be more manageable for you financially.

We have many programs you may be able to utilize, depending on you situation. Some of these programs include splitting your balance into smaller, manageable monthly payments, accepting a lesser amount as a settlement to close the account, or even deleting our reporting of this account from your credit report!

Please contact our office and speak with a representative to take advantage of these programs so you can get started on your pathto better financial health! Many people are cleaning up their credit ratings and finances by utilizing these programs. We want to make sure you have the oppertunity to do the same.

We look forward to working for you.

Very truly yours,

xxx-xxx-xxxx (phone number)

When I first read this I thought to myself that maybe this is the beggining of the CA taking nice approach to collecting debt era, then I came to my senses. This is probobly an attempt to restart the SOL since the debt is out of the SOL. The funny thiing is that they did not bother sending a nice sensative letter beore suing me in small claims court and now they want to act like they care.

I have a few questions:

Is it true that Palisades is having business troubles and is close to going out of business?

What do you make of this letter? The debt is out of the SOL and they already tried to sue and was not succesful, is this a last ditch effort to collect?

Edited by ADAM09

Lets see, you already beat them in court so they cannot sue you again so I would say either send a C&D letter if you want to protect your rights or if you don't want to waste the time, put the letter in the circular file.

As for Palisades going out of business, who cares? Maybe their owners, investors, creditors, and employees care but certainly not you. That would simply mean that your debt will be sold to someone else as an asset of the business (which they would do anyways) and then you have to deal with someone else.

Lets see, you already beat them in court so they cannot sue you again so I would say either send a C&D letter if you want to protect your rights or if you don't want to waste the time, put the letter in the circular file.

As for Palisades going out of business, who cares? Maybe their owners, investors, creditors, and employees care but certainly not you. That would simply mean that your debt will be sold to someone else as an asset of the business (which they would do anyways) and then you have to deal with someone else.

Well, the case was dismissed without prejiduce so technically they could have sued again, but now the debt is past the SOL. I like to keep the letters from the CA in a file.

I dont care about Palisades, it would just be nice to see them go out of business.

Well, the case was dismissed without prejiduce so technically they could have sued again, but now the debt is past the SOL. I like to keep the letters from the CA in a file.

I dont care about Palisades, it would just be nice to see them go out of business.

I'd send a C & D. Since they won't have to waste paper or paperwork on you, that's your way of helping them in their difficult economic times. xangelx

You are correct. This is a wolf in sheep's clothing for sure. This is nothing more than an attempt to get you to restart the SOL. I would highly advise not sending them anything other than a C & D letter.

That should end your troubles with them. And if they bother you again. Sue them for an FDCPA violation...

Perhaps you should write them a really nice C & D letter.. Lol

When I first read this I thought to myself that maybe this is the beggining of the CA taking nice approach to collecting debt era, then I came to my senses. This is probobly an attempt to restart the SOL since the debt is out of the SOL. The funny thiing is that they did not bother sending a nice sensative letter beore suing me in small claims court and now they want to act like they care.

I have a few questions:

Is it true that Palisades is having business troubles and is close to going out of business?

What do you make of this letter? The debt is out of the SOL and they already tried to sue and was not succesful, is this a last ditch effort to collect?

The thing is, Palisades is certainly within their rights to ask you to pay on a debt. They probably know that this debt is uncollectable beyond appealing to your moral values and that is why it is a nice letter rather than a threatening letter.

However, all they can do is ask. Beyond that, if you send a C&D, they really have no other option than to sell the debt to the highest bidder (usually about about 1/2 of a cent on the dollar or less at this point in the game).

Perhaps you should write them a really nice C & D letter.. Lol

"Dear Palisades,

I understand that during these hard economic times, Junk Debt Buyers have a lot of business. This means that their employees will have very little time to relax and enjoy life. They also have to worry about increasingly aware consumers. Sometimes even infamous JDBs need some help and guidance when it comes to employee morale and avoiding obstinate consumers.

This is why I want to let you know that I am willing to work with you regarding these matters. I understand that the balance on this account is not something that I am going to pay. Therefore, I am going give you something that will make your employees happier.

The government has programs that I can utilize in my exact situation. One of these programs is titled 15 USC 1692c, part of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. This particular program has the advantage that it both frees your employees to enjoy themselves by reducing their workload and it also prevents you from dealing with an obstinate consumer, such as myself.

Please, cease and desist from contacting me as is required by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, as doing so will be taking advantage of following the law. This will put you on the path to better having better ethics!"

I look forward to not hearing from you ever again!

Not so truly yours,

ADAM09

P.S. I'm serious. Don't contact me. "

(While I would have no objections if anybody actually wanted to use that or modify it, it was intended to be snarky and humorous. I'm not actually suggesting that he send that.)

Edited by usagi555

"Dear Palisades,

I understand that during these hard economic times, Junk Debt Buyers have a lot of business. This means that their employees will have very little time to relax and enjoy life. They also have to worry about increasingly aware consumers. Sometimes even infamous JDBs need some help and guidance when it comes to employee morale and avoiding obstinate consumers.

This is why I want to let you know that I am willing to work with you regarding these matters. I understand that the balance on this account is not something that I am going to pay. Therefore, I am going give you something that will make your employees happier.

The government has programs that I can utilize in my exact situation. One of these programs is titled 15 USC 1692c, part of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. This particular program has the advantage that it both frees your employees to enjoy themselves by reducing their workload and it also prevents you from dealing with an obstinate consumer, such as myself.

Please, cease and desist from contacting me as is required by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, as doing so will be taking advantage of following the law. This will put you on the path to better having better ethics!"

I look forward to not hearing from you ever again!

Not so truly yours,

ADAM09

P.S. I'm serious. Don't contact me. "

(While I would have no objections if anybody actually wanted to use that or modify it, it was intended to be snarky and humorous. I'm not actually suggesting that he send that.)

lol. This is classic.

Not going to lie, it would be tempting to send this.

lol. This is classic.

Not going to lie, it would be tempting to send this.

If you do, be sure to edit it for grammar and whatnot. My SOP on forums is to be sloppy and not always reread what I wrote. Sometimes I come back a day later and am shocked at some of the errors I have made.

If you do, be sure to edit it for grammar and whatnot. My SOP on forums is to be sloppy and not always reread what I wrote. Sometimes I come back a day later and am shocked at some of the errors I have made.

lol. Will do. Spellcheck is my friend.

You could also send them a letter asking what they will do if you don't pay.....

Hint - they only send nice letters like this when they know the debt is OOS and thy6e are trying to get a payment that brings it back into Statute again. Since it is OOS, even the threat to sue would be a FDCPA violation.

• 1 month later...
I also recieved this nice letter from Palisades. The letter also provides me with online access with already generated PIN to make payment. Of course, for my convenience! I sent them a DV letter. They are alleging me for a debt that I never owed.

Well, somebody owes the debt so why won't you pay it, deadbeat?