Birdnals

Pay for delete help w/ Aargon

I sent a pay for delete offer to Aargon offering about half of the debt in exchange for full deletion. Today, I received a call from them offering that I pay the full amount in exchange for deletion. I told the guy that I wanted a letter from them putting this offer in writing. He told me that the way they handle this is that I go on the website and make a payment and then he would explain to me how to get the deletion letter. I told him that without a letter in writing, there was no way that I would make a payment. He told me to rest assured that it would be deleted if I made payment. I again told him no. He then tried to explain to me that they don't send out letters like that and that they wouldn't do that. I said that if they didn't spend the 44 cents it would cost them to send me a letter then they would not get their money. I'm now wondering what to do next. Should I send another letter telling them nothing will be done over the phone and only offers in writing will be considered? Any help and insight would be much appreciated. Thanks and God bless.

We need a little more information. Is Aargon an OC, CA, or JDB? Is the debt within or outside the SOL?

We need a little more information. Is Aargon an OC, CA, or JDB? Is the debt within or outside the SOL?

Aargon is a CA collecting on a utility bill from Missouri (live in Florida now). The bill was delinquent in the spring of '06. Again the amount of the debt is a nonissue, it's the having the deletion in writing prior to payment that is hanging this deal up. Thanks.

Strange, they want their money.. and they won't send a measley letter? If you pay and they don't delete it, you can send proof of payment to the beaureus.. but that may not result in deletion

Strange, they want their money.. and they won't send a measley letter? If you pay and they don't delete it, you can send proof of payment to the beaureus.. but that may not result in deletion

This is the part that I find so strange. I'm waiting for the rep I spoke with yesterday to call me back. I plan on telling him that I have 2 letters written up: One letter to his agency that includes a PFD letter for the amount they're requesting which needs only to be signed with a self addressed stamped envelope and another letter to the OC offering the same thing that explains that to them that the company they hired to collect a debt failed to do their job because they refused to spend the 10 minutes and 44 cents it would've taken them to collect their money. I'm willing to bet the OC would be more than happy to accept the offer and not have to pay the CA their collection fee.

Just got off the phone with the OC and they told me that if I pay them then the CA will not get paid for this account which is contrary to what the CA told me. Some nice leverage there...

If you pay the OC remember to make sure you get it in writing that they are recalling the debt from the collection agency with instructions for the CA to delete any information they have posted to your account.

The CA always plays ball because they will want the OC's future business. They will comply with the OC's request for that very reason alone. They won't get into a pissing match with them over a single account they have for collection.

Cardinal Rules of Credit Repair:

1: GET ALL AGREEMENTS IN WRITING FIRST.

2: Payment is the #1 cause of amnesia in creditors and collectors. Once they are paid they will forget all promises made to the debtor.

3: Go back to #1 and re-read.

Cardinal Rules of Credit Repair:

1: GET ALL AGREEMENTS IN WRITING FIRST.

2: Payment is the #1 cause of amnesia in creditors and collectors. Once they are paid they will forget all promises made to the debtor.

3: Go back to #1 and re-read.

Word...