DefendantNewb

Pay For Delete

the "delete" part is that it gets deleted from your credit reports.

However, the chances of an OC deleting their tradeline is "iffy"...a CA or JDB may agree to delete theirs, but that doesn't mean the OC will.

Often, the way things get deleted is that yoou are required to disoute it, and the CA or JDB just fails to respond.

I have worked out 4 PFD's and I was able to get in writing or over recorded phone conversation them agreeing to remove for payment.

You don't need to use some over complicated form full of legalize either if you do it in writing. An almost for sure way to get a PFD request letter ignored is to use a standard form off of the internet that's full of conditions and penalties etc.

PFD has worked well for me too...and they have remained off for a year now. I agree with Hal ( no forms or legal stuff)... I write a "folksy" pleasant letter telling them my sad story....I even admit I was naive about credit& debt and how I have learned from it all..... ask them for a second chance for improved credit. Hey,maybe this is making it hard to take care of you children for this______ reason. etc.

I write it like I'm writing to an old friend so they'll keep reading the whole letter. (One glance at a form letter....and I bet it goes in the trash). Some OC/CAs have bent over backwards to help me... even wishing me well. I sent a thank you note to several.

I'm just not into the writing the nasty mean legal threats....you know, like the letters and calls they receive everyday, everyday,everyday..all day. I want to be the one ...the nice , funny, friendly one .....the one they'll remember~~~ because a nice letter is so rare.

*****You can always get mean later, if you have to!!!

This is EXCELLENT advice!

PFD has worked well for me too...and they have remained off for a year now. I agree with Hal ( no forms or legal stuff)... I write a "folksy" pleasant letter telling them my sad story....I even admit I was naive about credit& debt and how I have learned from it all..... ask them for a second chance for improved credit. Hey,maybe this is making it hard to take care of you children for this______ reason. etc.

I write it like I'm writing to an old friend so they'll keep reading the whole letter. (One glance at a form letter....and I bet it goes in the trash). Some OC/CAs have bent over backwards to help me... even wishing me well. I sent a thank you note to several.

I'm just not into the writing the nasty mean legal threats....you know, like the letters and calls they receive everyday, everyday,everyday..all day. I want to be the one ...the nice , funny, friendly one .....the one they'll remember~~~ because a nice letter is so rare.

*****You can always get mean later, if you have to!!!

Edited by Hal Jordan