kooldude

would a default judgement be rendered against me if filed my answer but wrong format?

The short answer is probably not. Anything else would be a violation of due process.

You need to find your state's civil rules of procedure and read through them. They'll probably have formatting guides. They'll probably also say something about pleadings in the wrong format being accepted. I know my state specifically mentions Pro Se pleadings in conjunction with ignoring the formatting rules. There may also be some local formatting guides for the specific court you'll be in.

IMO, you should attempt to follow even the rules that say they they don't have to be followed. You aren't a lawyer, but if you try to get these things right, it'll show the judge that you are trying to live up to your responsibility to know the rules and law. So you screwed up on the formatting here, just make sure the next thing you file is right.

Edited by usagi555

That is allowed and slip in counter claims maybe they won't answer and you can get a default on those claims.

If you denied the debt, had affirmative defenses, then you should be good. My answer was handwritten(I have hieroglyphic style writing), but it got the denials, affirmative defenses, and a nice prayer.