destiny02

Not sure what I should do.

I sent dv to all 3 cra back in April I believe. One item was deleted. Just last week I sent dv to some ca's. So far I've received one letter showing a partial account number and the name of the oc. They say they have investigated and their info is accurate. Should I send another letter saying the info is not enough? Also it looks like they reaged my accounts. I'm certain I opened those accounts in 2007 or 2008 and its showing on my report as 2010 and 2011.

Also, I'm trying to help my dh's credit. So I sent disputes to all 3 cra's. Nothing yet. He is an authorized user on two of my charged off credit cards. I'm guessing that once I fix my report then it will drop off of his? Or is there something different I should do about this?

I've read that I'm supposed to send the disputes to the credit reporting bureau's and then send dv to ca's all at the same time which I did not do. Should I send another dispute to cra's since I just sent dv's to the ca's last week?

Edited by destiny02

I sent dv to all 3 cra back in April I believe. One item was deleted. Just last week I sent dv to some ca's. So far I've received one letter showing a partial account number and the name of the oc. They say they have investigated and their info is accurate. Should I send another letter saying the info is not enough? Also it looks like they reaged my accounts. I'm certain I opened those accounts in 2007 or 2008 and its showing on my report as 2010 and 2011.

Also, I'm trying to help my dh's credit. So I sent disputes to all 3 cra's. Nothing yet. He is an authorized user on two of my charged off credit cards. I'm guessing that once I fix my report then it will drop off of his? Or is there something different I should do about this?

I've read that I'm supposed to send the disputes to the credit reporting bureau's and then send dv to ca's all at the same time which I did not do. Should I send another dispute to cra's since I just sent dv's to the ca's last week?

If the 2010 and 2011 dates are being reported as when the accounts were opened, those are probably being reported by CAs or JDBs. Those dates are when they received the accounts, and when their files were opened. It doesn't reage the accounts and keep them on your CR longer. Even if you didn't dispute them, they would fall off at the same time as the Original Creditors' entries.

If the 2010 and 2011 dates are being reported as when the accounts were opened, those are probably being reported by CAs or JDBs. Those dates are when they received the accounts, and when their files were opened. It doesn't reage the accounts and keep them on your CR longer. Even if you didn't dispute them, they would fall off at the same time as the Original Creditors' entries.

THis is good to know. So I could mention the sol to them then?

THis is good to know. So I could mention the sol to them then?

I wouldn't bother to do that. The SOL for reporting a negative entry is 7 to 7 1/2 years after the date of default (usually considered the last payment). If they are reporting accurately, they can't keep their entries on your CR longer than the OCs entries.

Regarding the authorized user of your credit cards, the entries on his credit report should show that he's an authorized user. As a result, he can dispute the accounts on his credit report as "authorized user". The entries should then be deleted.

I wouldn't bother to do that. The SOL for reporting a negative entry is 7 to 7 1/2 years after the date of default (usually considered the last payment). If they are reporting accurately, they can't keep their entries on your CR longer than the OCs entries.

Regarding the authorized user of your credit cards, the entries on his credit report should show that he's an authorized user. As a result, he can dispute the accounts on his credit report as "authorized user". The entries should then be deleted.

By saying its sol I can say its a "zombie debt"? I disputed with the 3 cra's for my husband and so far no answer. Do I have him call and tell them he's an au?

By saying its sol I can say its a "zombie debt"? I disputed with the 3 cra's for my husband and so far no answer. Do I have him call and tell them he's an au?

The Statute of Limitations for collecting and the Statute of Limitations for reporting to the credit reporting agencies are 2 different statutes. The SOL for collection in SC is 3 years. A debt that is outside the SOL for collection can still be reported on your CR because of the 7 year SOL for reporting to the credit reporting agencies.

Was the date of last payment on the debts more than 7 years ago?

Did your husband dispute the debts as "authorized user"?

The Statute of Limitations for collecting and the Statute of Limitations for reporting to the credit reporting agencies are 2 different statutes. The SOL for collection in SC is 3 years. A debt that is outside the SOL for collection can still be reported on your CR because of the 7 year SOL for reporting to the credit reporting agencies.

Was the date of last payment on the debts more than 7 years ago? no

Did your husband dispute the debts as "authorized user"?

I didn't dispute as authorized user because I didn't know that they weren't supposed to report that on his report. So I just disputed the accuracy of his report. I received the cmrr and it shows they received on aug 31.

I didn't dispute as authorized user because I didn't know that they weren't supposed to report that on his report. So I just disputed the accuracy of his report. I received the cmrr and it shows they received on aug 31.

They can report on his CR, but they must show he's an authorized user. Do the entries show he's an authorized user? If so, he should file a dispute with the CRAs as the account is not mine, and I'm merely an authorized user.

Send these creditors an email asking a proper debt validation letter, the letter should contain the principal loan amount, the account number (not the last four), name of the original creditor and the name of the debtor with his address. Do not forget to mark a CC to Attorney General's office and Federal Trade Commission.

Send these creditors an email asking a proper debt validation letter, the letter should contain the principal loan amount, the account number (not the last four), name of the original creditor and the name of the debtor with his address. Do not forget to mark a CC to Attorney General's office and Federal Trade Commission.

What' the purpose off CC'ing the AG and FTC?