LVNV Funding Interrogatories

Twins78

This is just a general question so I hope maybe someone could help me.

State: Indiana

I'm the Defendant in a collections lawsuit against LVNV Funding. I filed a Motion to Dismiss and LVNV responded and also sent a request for Admissions, Interrogatories and Discovery. The Judge set a hearing date for October.

My question is do I still need to answer the Admissions, Interrogatories and Discovery if a ruling hasn't been made on my Motion to Dismiss yet? The Answers are due later this month (September). My thinking is if my Motion is granted then there would be no reason to answer, right???

the judge set the hearing specifically for your motion to dismiss. LVNV responded to your motion by sending you interrogatories. It depends on the content of the interrogatories. If it's asking you questions about where you work, assets, etc. you can object, as these questions are outside the scope of the case. Also, a couple things to keep in mind. Is this an SC case? In Indiana, either party must request leave of court before conducting discovery in small claims cases. If they did not then you can file a motion to strike their request to produce/interrogatories.

send me a pm and i can help you further if you want

Edited by heretohelp