QWR

shelpster

No, but your servicer should mark the trade line on your credit report as "Customer Dispute". A QWR is asking for information and to correct a mistake. If you found mistakes or charges you do not agree with, they have to acknowledge.

You should dispute the account with the CRAs as well. It is too bad you do not live in MI, cause the case law has been heavily favored towards the homeowner as of late regarding foreclosure. It is like the wild west and the homeowners are rebelling and in most cases winning.

After 3-4 years, that tradeline will age and getting new lines of credit on your credit report will significantly help to raise your score.

At the end of a QWR can I write something like, if you do not want to comply with this document, delete all infomation from my credit reports? I already lost my house in foreclosure. Any information would be greatly appecreciated.

Shelpster

Welcome to the Credit-info center.

bmc100 - gave a good explanation of a QWR.

Your credit report shows your history of your financial transactions over a period of time. I also agree if you credit report has any derogatory information, you should make it a priority to dispute off.

If you lost your home to foreclosure - it is going to be listed on your report for at least 10 years. It will be a few years before you will be able to reestablish yourself.