DOLA and Filing a Dispute with CB

Sunny81

If a dispute is filed with the CB to verify the accuracy of a TL, can it change the DOLA?

The reason I ask is I plan on purchasing a home soon and there is an account in collections that I don't recognize or ever received information from the CA about.

However I would hate to dispute the TL with the CB only to have it be verified and the DOLA changed to the current date, dropping my credit score.

I'm getting conflicting reports via the internet on what actions can change the date of last activity and what difference, if any, is there between the date of last activity and the date of first default. Any clarification would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If a dispute is filed with the CB to verify the accuracy of a TL, can it change the DOLA?

The reason I ask is I plan on purchasing a home soon and there is an account in collections that I don't recognize or ever received information from the CA about.

However I would hate to dispute the TL with the CB only to have it be verified and the DOLA changed to the current date, dropping my credit score.

I'm getting conflicting reports via the internet on what actions can change the date of last activity and what difference, if any, is there between the date of last activity and the date of first default. Any clarification would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

An activity on an account is a charge or payment. Disputing the TL with the credit reporting agency (credit bureaus) is not an "activity" on the account.