One Charge Off, multiple Charge off dates?

BlessedD

Hello all,

I'm relatively new to the board, though before joining I have quietly used the advice and its been helpful in getting me ready to face repairing my credit on my own.

My question is this, I have pulled my credit reports (all but TransUnion as they are sending me a copy by mail) On both my experian and equifax there is a credit card account (the company name is listed, but I won't post it here) that is listed as Charge-Off on experian with the charge off listed as Jan 2007, Feb 2007, Mar 2007 with notes of "account legally paid in full for less than full balance" "paid in settlement".

This same account is also listed on my equifax as Charge off with the date that it was reported as charge off as May 2007.

What say you? Do I dispute big 3 with the charge off date incorrect letter or that the account was paid as agreed and the CA stated that this account would be deleted? (though I don't have the letter showing that anymore)

*an extra side question* I'm the authorized user on someones cc acct (past due from 2007 that is closed now) can I request that the info be deleted by the CA b/c I'm the authorized and not the primary account holder?

Thanks for taking the time to read and assist in anyway. THANKS :)++

What say you? Do I dispute big 3 with the charge off date incorrect letter or that the account was paid as agreed and the CA stated that this account would be deleted? (though I don't have the letter showing that anymore)

So, what really happened - was the total charged off or was it partially paid in a settlement? A settlement is more positive than a complete charge-off. If you have proof of the settlement, I would definitely dispute those charge-offs with the proof.

P.S. I like your question about authorized user. I'll bet you could get it deleted, but I just don't know and would like to know the answer to that, too.

Hello all,

I'm relatively new to the board, though before joining I have quietly used the advice and its been helpful in getting me ready to face repairing my credit on my own.

My question is this, I have pulled my credit reports (all but TransUnion as they are sending me a copy by mail) On both my experian and equifax there is a credit card account (the company name is listed, but I won't post it here) that is listed as Charge-Off on experian with the charge off listed as Jan 2007, Feb 2007, Mar 2007 with notes of "account legally paid in full for less than full balance" "paid in settlement".

This same account is also listed on my equifax as Charge off with the date that it was reported as charge off as May 2007.

*an extra side question* I'm the authorized user on someones cc acct (past due from 2007 that is closed now) can I request that the info be deleted by the CA b/c I'm the authorized and not the primary account holder?

Thanks for taking the time to read and assist in anyway. THANKS :)++

I'd dispute with the credit reporting agencies first. If the entries are verified, I would send a dispute letter directly to the CA about the lack of a "paid" notation on the Equifax report. You can mention that they "promised" to delete the TL, but absent proof, don't hold your breath.

Yes, you can dispute the account on which you were an authorized user. Dispute with the CRAs as "not mine" and "authorized user", and it should be removed.