Need advice about a CA

cali11

Ok so I posted this awile back.We had an account with a music store.We rented a flute for our daughter.So when she started 7th grade(she is in 12th now) we returned the flute.A few months ago we checked her CR and this is on her account for $1,500.We didnt know what it was at the time so we sent a DV letter.They sent a contract from the music store.The music store went out of business in 2009,and the person we got the flute sold the business in like 2006.The new owners went under after that.So from what we gathered he tured it over to a CA, saying we nerver returned the flute or ever made any payments.Strait BS.We dont have any proof that we did make the payments or turned it in,it was 6 years ago!The contract we got from the CA is not in my wifes handwriting, & has never been sighned by anyone.Also it says we started the account Sept 20,2004 and no payments were ever made.So wouldnt DOFD be oct 20,2004?The CA is saying we owned for 10 payments and 10 late fees.The CA is not even reporting a DOFD just date open of 8-2005.The date they got the account im guessing.So should I contact them and tell them the 7 years is up in oct,going by the contract and payment sheet they sent me?Otherwise I will have to wait untill August 2012 plus probbaly another 180 days after that befor it is removed.Am I correct?Thats if we cant beat them on an unsighned contract.

we did get a receipt but its been like 7 years ago and have no idea where it went.Is it still legal for them to report to the CRAs with a contract that is not valid?Also when the CRAs verify with them do they have to send them the contract,or just say yes this account is with us?Like dont they have to show proof that they have the right to collect it?

It could be re-aging... what was the date the account was reported and what was the date of last activity?

//////

OK my ADD meds haven't kicked in... dispute it with the bureaus. I'm thinking that you can build a nice FCRA case for re-aging. Dispute first, then if it does not go away, send a 623 to the CA.

Edited by 1stStep