CA not licensed

brttwill

I am being sued by Hosto Buchan and Prater in Arkansas. Their website clearly states that they are debt collectors , and states they are a litigation and collections law firm .

According to the Arkansas State Board of Collection Agencies, they are not licensed and bonded.

I read under exemptions it says that (8)Attorneys at law handling claims and collections in their own names and not operating a collection agency

under the management of a layman or under names other than their own.

So, my question is, do they need to be licensed and bonded as they clearly state they are a debt collector or are they exempt from being licensed because they are a "law firm" operating under their own name??

It was observed in Commonwealth v. Allied Bond & Collection Agency, 394 Mass. 608 (Mass. 1985) that a collection agency must not share quarters or office space with an attorney actively engaged in the practice of law, constable, private detective, regular or special police officer or any other law enforcement officer.

It has also been asserted in some cases that if a ca sues and is not licensed in your state the debt was settled with total cancellation of debt, credit repair, and payment of legal fees and costs.

Edited by BTO429