Strange DV Answer

I sent the following to a CA I found listed on my CR.

August 29, 2011

Re: Acct 100702XXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

"In reviewing my consumer credit report, I found an account listed by your company. Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (B) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested. Furthermore I am requesting trade line be removed from all major credit bureaus until validation is completed. If not removed promptly I will invoke my rights to sue under Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Please limit your communications with me to written correspondence as it is inconvenient for me to receive calls at any time or at any number.

In the mail today I received the following response, along with my original letter.

Thank you for the enclosed information. Unfortunately we are unable to locate the I.C. System account number that you are inquiring about. Please return this attachment with a complete I.C. System account number.

We are a debt collector attempting to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

[

How do you respond to this when they put it on my report and I do not have the entire account number as the CR has the last 4 of the number Xed out.

What information are they asking for on the form? Have you disputed with the credit bureau's yet? If what you provided matches what they report on your credit report, I'd make copies of that letter and write a dispute to the credit bureau's and send them off.

I've had several accounts through the years that have been on my Credit Report that don't belong. A simple, properly documented dispute with the Bureau's got them removed.

Send them a copy of your credit report or their tradeline with your letter and send the same letter to the CRAs disputing it with the same tradeline. Also include your DOB, SSN, address.

That way IC Systems cannot come back and say they cannot find your account. Take that letter they sent you and send it to the CRAs as well.

is it really a good idea to give IC systems your ssn/dob?

im not sure if that's what yu're saying but im also trying to understand why.

i dont like the idea of providing that info to an entity like ic systems.

You should never give any new information to any party you have not elected to do business with. This is especially so for information like SSN, DOB, DL, phone numbers, email address.

Ask the CRA for the full account information of reverified items. If the CA did not place full account information, then it is the CA's own fault.