Sign in to follow this  
cofdq8

No Response From Creditor

What does one do...when the creditor does not respond to any form of communication. I have emailed, faxed and mailed letters regarding trying to settle my account. I have heard nothing back from them...I just want this OFF of my credit report so I can move forward with a car loan....but I am stuck.

Are the letters you sent form letters you got off of the internet? Because that might explain why you have gotten ignored. Those things are way too full of legalize and conditions to typically get a response back. Which they don't have to do anyway.

However, if you send them a 623 request they have to respond to that. But the only way that gets rid of your problem is if they can't verify it.

What is a 623...I'm assuming since you mention verification...this is a form asking them to validate the debt...If so, I have already done that. I got a computer print out from them as proof of validation.

Is it even beneficial to do a form 623 if the OC has sold the debt to a credit agency ?

Yes, of course! If they are reporting a negative tradeline to your credit reports (like a charge off).

If they (the OC) can not satisfy the requirements of the 623 they are required to remove the negative listings to your reports. Typically they just delete the entire tradeline but sometimes they delete the history and you are left with a close item on your report in good standing.

What is a 623...I'm assuming since you mention verification...this is a form asking them to validate the debt...If so, I have already done that. I got a computer print out from them as proof of validation.

Answer: Credit and Debt Problems Forums - Search Forums a 623 is quite a bit more than a simple debt validation.

Edited by Hal Jordan

Can you send a 623 to the CA aswell?Or just the OC?Id like to send one to both.I had a HSBC card that has not been paid in atlaest 7 years.LVNV Funding verified it with Experian so far,and I like to see how they could of done that.I never heard from them over the DV letter.EXperian says it will be on my recored untill 2013.

i had an hsbc card that the debt was sold to midland credit managment, i just sent the a DV letter. hopefully i can do that account properly. lets see what they say my letter goes out to them today CMRR

No, the 623 is for the OC not a collection agency. What you should do is file a method of verification (MOV) request with the Credit bureau. I wrote a very detailed explanation on the MOV process that you should easily be able to find with the search tab.

However, if the debt is over 7 years old from your last payment it should be falling off on it's own very soon. (7 yrs and 180 days)

What was the DOFD?

My understanding was that once the Original Creditor (in my case Duke Energy) sells the debt to a junk buyer...at that point the OC is out of it...I did send the credit agency (JL Walston) a debt validation letter and sent a MOV letter to all of the credit bureaus. None of that was very helpful.

I did not think that at this time I could go back to Duke and insist that they do an investigation...but if I can, then I will give it a try.

I feel like I have hit a brick wall at this point...because JL Walston is not responding to me.

How do you know Duke Energy sold the debt instead of contracted the CA to try and recover it?

File the 623 with them and you'll find out who owns the debt. Perhaps you'll find they can't produce a detailed record of the debt. That proof would be enough to reopen a new investigation with the credit bureaus and get the debt deleted that way. If the OC can't validate the legitimacy of the debt.. the ca for sure can't.

Members here have been telling you to contact the OC for over a month. You've been given next step advice.. it's up to you whether or not to take it.

And sometimes.. you won't be able to do anything to get rid of something on your reports. Sometimes the process fails.. Some debts for whatever reason will remain despite your best efforts.

Edited by Hal Jordan

Well Jordan aren't you pleasant. I have done every single thing that has been suggested, thank you. I have a copy of the final bill. I stated that it is for 315.00. That is what I got from Duke.

I had a electric bill that was 2 years old and was sent to a CA. I still wrote to the OC (someone high in the company--VP etc...you can google the company to find their name info) and offered to pay the full amount and asked that they pull my account from their CA. They accepted the money and removed the collection....One of the easiest PFD I did. Couldn't tell you if the CA was their CA or a JDB... might be worth a try...all they can do is say no...

OOps....I read this wrong....you said the OC wasn't responding, thought you were talking about the CA.

~~~Did you send the letter to the company generically or Atten: account manager or VP? I have the best luck when my letters are directed towards a person with some power.

~~` I would do this next if it was me~~~

You can also report the OC to the Attorney General of your State. Tell him that you've called ,wrote, etc. and they wont respond ...making it impossible to clean up your credit. I did this with an account that ignored me...The AG must of had a nice talk with them because them removed everything from my 3 CRs. ( There used to be a link on this form with AG info)

Edited by tx3amigos

Even more reason to send a 623 dispute.. She "feels" like the OC sold it to a JDB.. but she doesn't know.

Not sure what she's looking for from us. We've all answered her multiple times in multiple threads... including the who what when where whys and hows of the 623..

Perhaps she's waiting for one of us to offer to take it over and do it for her..

And yes... I am pleasant. Direct at times.. but pleasant none the less :D

I had a electric bill that was 2 years old and was sent to a CA. I still wrote to the OC (someone high in the company--VP etc...you can google the company to find their name info) and offered to pay the full amount and asked that they pull my account from their CA. They accepted the money and removed the collection....One of the easiest PFD I did. Couldn't tell you if the CA was their CA or a JDB... might be worth a try...all they can do is say no...

OOps....I read this wrong....you said the OC wasn't responding, thought you were talking about the CA.

~~~Did you send the letter to the company generically or Atten: account manager or VP? I have the best luck when my letters are directed towards a person with some power.

~~` I would do this next if it was me~~~

You can also report the OC to the Attorney General of your State. Tell him that you've called ,wrote, etc. and they wont respond ...making it impossible to clean up your credit. I did this with an account that ignored me...The AG must of had a nice talk with them because them removed everything from my 3 CRs. ( There used to be a link on this form with AG info)

Hal - Don't bother responding to my posts. I'm not sure why you feel the need to make the statement "we have all responded to her question in multiple posts"...this is not true. I have asked separate questions needing separate answers and I have done LOADS of leg work myself. I have mailed, emailed and faxed letters to everyone and their mother. So, I do not like your implication that I am somehow being lazy with regards to this matter...and no I'm not waiting for you to do anything for me. Quite frankly, it seems that you have too much time of your hands.

Really? Because you have started like 5 threads about this exact same collection.

Asked on 08/11/2011 http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/while-you-debt-validation-q/309148-debt-validation-computer-printout.html

08/16/2011 http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/debt-settlement/309223-pay-delete-but-what-amount.html

On 08/25/2011 and 08/30/2011 http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/debt-settlement/309383-successful-settlement.html

08/30/2011 http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/debt-settlement/309456-wrong-amount-reported.html

09/12/2011 http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/credit-repair/309658-no-response-creditor.html

You say seperate issues but they're really not. Every answer to everyone of your threads boils down to sending a 623 in one way or another. That is literally the answer to everyone of those threads. Who owns it, how do I find out the amount, did they sell it? They won't respond to dv? ... 623, 623, 623... Instead of taking the advice you were offered you want to argue your assumptions!

So You don't have to worry about me answering anymore of your questions.. I have no desire to waste anymore of my time.

Have a great day!

Hal

Edited by Hal Jordan

I have not answered you yet. Some people on here mean well and really are trying to help. Sometimes someone says what you really do not want to hear or the way it is said get taken the wrong way. Any way they are still trying to help.

Hal has good advice send them the 623, send it cmrrr so you can prove they received it, if it comes back refused from the postal service then you have real legal proof they are not responding to you.

If this get to the point where it has to be settled in court you need proof of everything you claim

If they do answer the 623 letter then you will know if they sold it and no longer have an interest in it or they still own it. That way you will know who to deal with.

On July 1 2010 the FTC laid down some new regulations which govern Original Creditors and the consumers right to hve them investigate disputes that consumers submit directly to them regarding the accuracy of information that the furnishers reported to a credit reporting agency.

Edited by BTO429

I sent a 623 directly to Duke Energy. I received in the mail from them...a bill. That was their response. It was not a detailed bill. It simply said, balance forward from account # ABCDSF 2300.00.

I have grown weary of fighting this single negative listing on my credit report. At that point I called JL Walston to attempt to settle with them AGAIN. They stated to me that it is "illegal" to settle utility accounts.