first premier bank

sanchezrc2

ok so i sent first premier bank a SOL letter, and they responded with a DV response.

i dont deny owing the debt, cause ya i used the card and never paid it.

what should my next step be? they havent assigned a CA to come after me so im in negotiations with the OC. any advice that you all can give me would be greatly appreciate.

their response made review my letter several times but yes i did send the correct letter. please help me out guys, i dont owe them much, just 319.29 but if i can pay for CMRRR i would rather do that than to negotiate for the amount.

please advise guys

i was thinking the same thing because with just one item that was on my credit report that came off from transunion, it made my score jump up about 30 points, im kinda anxious to see if i do pay for this item to see how my score will look afterwards. so i guess let me call them and have them fax me a pfd letter.

It doesn't need to be convoluted or full of legalize either.. That's a sure fire way to get a PFD letter ignored. Something simple.. Just ask them to send you something saying that once they receive payment they will remove their negative listings from your credit reports and consider the debt satisfied.

That's pretty much all you need.

So....you called them before the SOL is up... letting them know you wont pay..&..to remind them to sue you (real soon) and win? Do you also poke rattlesnakes with sticks?....because IMHO, you just did that with your OC.

I commented on another post of yours....I still think you are doing this backwards.

1. don't call ANYONE

2. dispute, in writing, to the 3 CRAs

3.( If you are not past the SOL, you should only be contacting the OC if you are going to pay or settle.) Send a DV to the OC to make sure they still own the debt... Write to a "higher up" and offer a deal. The phone person may just be a minium wage secretary who has no power to PFD.

YOu don't send "SOL" letters..there is no such thing. SOL is used as a defence when you are sued....but since you are not past the SOL....you can't use it in court anyway ( so they will win) . I hope they don't sue you....good luck!

Dr President_________ of First Premier Bank,

I recently purchased a copy of my credit reports ( first time). And I was completely shocked and dismayed to see that I owe your company money! I thought I had paid this before I moved. I guess the final statement was lost in the mail when I moved. I would really like the do the "right thing" and pay you and also improve my credit score.

I'm willing to send you a money order for the full amount I owe as soon as I receive a letter saying you will mark my account as paid in full....also removing derogatory marks from all three credit reporting agencies.

This has been quite a learning experience....from now on I'll do a yearly credit report check so this doesn't happen again. I hope you'll work with me on this.

Thank you for your time

Sincerely,

Sanchez

**google: 1st premier to find the names of the president, or VP, or account manager.......send the PDF to them "atten MR. VPname" at the bottom under the address on the front of the envelope.

That's a bit far fetched.. and very over dramatic. :roll:

People call and attempt to negotiate PFD all the time on collections that are not beyond the SOL. I have done 3 succesful PFD's just like that this year myself.

I will comment on your posts. Because I think YOU'RE doing this all wrong. And I don't think you're giving out good advice.

There is nothing wrong with calling and asking for a PFD. Do you really think you calling a CA has any legitimate outcome on whether or not they sue you? Do you really think they aren't aware of who owes them what and when those debts expire? Do you honestly believe you're so out of site and out of mind with them that if you don't contact them they won't remember you and thus your debt will never get collected on? And that if you contact them they'll remember you and go "Oh yeah.. forgot this guy owed us money.. lets sue him!!!

Gimmie a break dude..Your very logic is flawed.. And you're very advice of disputing with the Credit Bureaus causes the EXACT same thing.. contact with the Collection agency... The bureaus contact the CA to verify the debt is legitimate. This, (by your logic) should key the exact same response as calling them. You're disputing the legitimacy of their debt. They are pulling your file and examining it, looking for proper debt verification. So Boom, you're on their radar by filing a dispute. Same as calling and or writing for a PFD. Yet you don't think this would trigger a law suit if they were going to sue you?

If they are going to sue you they will. Contacting them via letter, phone, carrier pigeon or through the credit bureaus will mot make them file suit against you if they weren't going to in the first place.

Also, they would cave to a PFD BEFORE they'd sue you. It's guarantee'd money. Why take you to court and pay all of those filing fees and spend time and effort and run the risk of losing just so they can keep the right to keep reporting what will be a "paid" collection on your reports? Huh? Seriously??? Do you really believe they care more about keeping the right to report a negative tradeline on your reports than getting paid? I mean you're standing right in front of them offering them payment in full and they're going to say "NO, we will sue you instead! Reporting a negative tradeline is so important to us we're not going to take your money voluntarily, so put it back in your wallet... we will be filing suit against you immediately!"..

And for the record. I'm a fan of the SOL letter. It's worked twice for me and I've received a we're removing our tradelines from your reports and ceasing collection activity on this debt letter.. Not too bad for something that doesn't exist.

To the OP... I would recontact the CA and ask for a supervisor. Tell them you'll pay in full today if they'll remove it and consider it satisfied. Otherwise you'll never pay them a dime. Their choice. Do a simple delete and get paid or never get paid at all have to take you to court to get paid. Beieve me, they will take the money over suing you. If they still refuse.. they weren't going to ever really sue you anyway.

So....you called them before the SOL is up... letting them know you wont pay..&..to remind them to sue you (real soon) and win? Do you also poke rattlesnakes with sticks?....because IMHO, you just did that with your OC.

I commented on another post of yours....I still think you are doing this backwards.

1. don't call ANYONE

2. dispute, in writing, to the 3 CRAs

3.( If you are not past the SOL, you should only be contacting the OC if you are going to pay or settle.) Send a DV to the OC to make sure they still own the debt... Write to a "higher up" and offer a deal. The phone person may just be a minium wage secretary who has no power to PFD.

YOu don't send "SOL" letters..there is no such thing. SOL is used as a defence when you are sued....but since you are not past the SOL....you can't use it in court anyway ( so they will win) . I hope they don't sue you....good luck!

Edited by Hal Jordan

Also, they probably don't sue people for such a small amount. I've never heard of that happening. But writing or calling them may just draw more attention to your file, I'll bet! For instance, if you've moved since 2007 then you'll probably start getting demand letters all over again if you contact them.

IMHO.. ( which I'll probably keep to myself from now on :roll:)

There are hundreds of posts listing the steps- in order- to take for successful credit repair. I've had excellent results closely following these steps in the order suggested. I hope everyone can have as great an outcome as I have had. ( start 25 negs--down to 4 negs) Just have a few more problems to get deleted.

Sanchez sounds like he's skipping some steps.

**never mentions disputing w/CRAs first..in any of his posts

** calls OC, sends a SOL letter, wants to ask them to fax a PFD form to him

**other posts ,says he is ALMOST out of SOL

I've been reading this site for a couple of years before joining. I have never heard of anyone sending an SOL letter or asking for a PFD form.

If sending a SOL letter works, maybe someone should start a thread or sticky so others can try it and we can hear of their results.

And, yes, I've been sued for a small amount. And posts saying they must sue you in the state you live in --this is not always true. I live in TX but was required to appear in court in NC where the account was opened. Had a lawyer here in TX and one in NC too, since the TX lawyer wasn't sure how NC laws worked. Not fun! ~` ONCE SUED, TWICE SHY! ~

Sanchez, good luck...do whatever you want

Edited by tx3amigos