Midland AZ Attorney Busey Shenanigans

johnnae

I had a mediation hearing yesterday with Midland's attorney, only to discover later that day that the attorney appearing on behalf of Midland is not the attorney of record. It's an attorney from a different law firm even.

Keep in mind I did not settle because they have no documentation proving it's my debt! We are now moving towards trial.

I went to the courthouse this morning to bring it to the court's attention only to be told "What do I want the courts to do about it?"

Any suggestions? I'd like to see the attorney sanctioned in some way.

Thoughts/suggestions?

J.

Sounds like typical Midland BS.

I don't think it is a violation of any regulation for them to send another lawyer, basically JDB's and the "law firms" that represent them make a regular practice of sending "warm bodies" to appear at hearings that are of little consequense, initial hearings before trial. Often these people they send have very little knowledge of the case and probably are not where they foresaw being in their profession when they went to law school,lol.

Midland never has documentation of any value. If they take it to trial make sure you are prepared and set and from many accounts on this site, they will be left looking like a bunch of idiots for sure.

This would be like me sending in my sister to represent me at the mediation. I couldn't get away with that!

The attorney even said he had settlement authority!

I live in Phoenix and the attorney is in Tucson, so he got to appear telephonically. I objected to the telephonic request on the grounds that he knew I was in Phoenix when he filed the complaint. The judge never ruled on the motion or the response. Just sloppy all around....

I am ready for trial. My discovery is going out tonight along with my Motion to Striike Affidavit of Debt. I am going to flood them with so much paperwork......

Thanks.

J.

Yeah someone else posted about that witness by telephone BS a few days ago, what an outrage.

I also think it is absurd that these companies can get away with sending lawyers to hearings that have little to no knowledge of the case. Either send someone who isn't clueless or cut the suits you file so you can.

I don't care what judges state about affording extensions and whatnot being something they afford to both sides, defendants in these cases do not get the kind of exceptions to the rules and mulligans relative to attending all hearings and responding to actions in a timely manner than the plaintiff does.

I think it is all about money. If these nimrods were having cases thrown out left and right because of their failure to properly and in a timely manner respond to and litigate with a defendant that is going to not just lay back and let them do whatever they want on their own timeframe, then they would not file the massive amount of suits they do.

Corruption allows it to go on.

You should feel good though, Midland never is able to prove a case, yet they seem like the one JDB over any other that stubbornly and stupidly takes cases to actual trial before a judge even when there is no evidence for them to stand on.

This would be like me sending in my sister to represent me at the mediation. I couldn't get away with that!

It would be fine if your sister was a licensed attorney.

Though despicable, there is nothing illegal about what they are doing. I would concentrate on the facts of the case. You can casually point out the lack of the attorney at record to the judge. It may or may not win points for you.