Deleted from One Bureau but not the other?

jcgsolutions

Hello Everyone,

So I got back some results of some disputes I did. I got some Deletes which is very nice, but I also got somewhat of a Hangup on one particular account.

There was an item in which was reported that I owed $2,010. Now I recall sometime a year or two ago disputing everything online for my accounts and I think I chose "not mine" as the reason code. This was well before I educated myself about the process (thanks partly to this site). So a month ago I sent in another dispute letter and my reason for this particular account was "Incorrect Date Open". I sent this via a letter CMRRR. (I know realize I should try to give a more detailed explanation in any letters).

Well I got letters back from all 3 Credit Bureaus. Turns out TransUnion wants you to send two items of identification so they asked me to send with a DL (which I did) and perhaps a Utility Bill with my address on it. So I wanted to share that tidbit with everyone as an FYI:

Anywho back to my original point. With Equifax this particular item was "Deleted from credit file....Unverifiable..." As you can imagine that brought a smile to my face. Then I looked at the results of Experian and for the same account it says: "Remains" with definition as "Remains - This item was not changed as a result of our processing of your dispute. This kinda makes me wonder if they even tried to dispute it.

So at this point should I try to call Experian and ask how they verified the account? Or should I just send a Debt Validation letter to the OC?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :D

I dont think you can send a DV to an OC.From what I ahve read you send those to the CA.Try sending the OC a 623 & do an MOV with the CRAs.Im having the same problem with an applied bank CC.Applied bank cant find any info about my wife ever having an account with them,but some how experian verifed it.How can this be?

Thank You. Do you mean as far as the reason code I used with the Credit Bureaus? Do I ask them to investigate that the account is indeed mine?

I wouldn't address it either way whether or not the account is yours...unless you are sure its not yours.

My point in my above post is that you want to make sure that you address concerns about the account in your 623 letter that you have yet to address with the CRAs. In your case, since you've only challenged it as "not mine" and then the "open date", you should be fine as there are plenty of other aspects about the account you can dispute and request they investigate.

The reason for this is that there is stipulation in the FCRA regarding section 623 that permits a data furnisher to consider your dispute frivolous if you ask them investigate/verify information to which they have already done so via a prior dispute through the CRAs. They can easily just say, "Sorry, we have already investigated and verified this information. Your dispute of this information is now considered to be frivolous." They won't always do that, but they are permitted to do so.

NOTE: If they do consider your request frivolous, they're supposed to inform you of that in 5 days after receipt of your request.

Edited by Raysway

I recently got that letter from TransUnion asking for 2 forms of ID, even though we have been corresponding back & forth thru mail for the last month.

One thing you can try is:

Make a copy of the letter that says "deleted - unverifiable".

Send a copy of this along with a letter stating the other credit bureaus were not able to verify and request information on how they were able to verify the info when the other bureaus could not. State in your letter that you want it deleted from your credit report since they are now reporting inaccurate account information. Send a copy of driver's license & social.