Ramifications of Sending out DV's to CA's while disputing with CRA's (TX)

The letter that started all of this is from a CA threatening lawsuit in 30 days if I don't respond. After reading up on how to handle it, I send them a DV letter CMRRR. A few days later, I sent dispute letters to all three CRA's, same mail.

Today, I receive another letter from another CA. Just demanding payment. Should I send them a DV or wait until the CRA's respond? will DV's before CRA disputes are resolved screw up a strategy?

I'd DV, personally. Give them more rope. There's no rule stating that you can't have multiple things going on at once here. Also, if you don't have a 1692g letter in your mailbox very soon, I'd find a consumer attorney and go after the new CA for violation the FDCPA. Make sure you document that you received the letter today.

once you disputed with the CRAs, you should dispute with the CA...It forces the CA to respond and if they do not have any proof of debt, they will leave you alone. If they reported, they will remove their tradeline. Once they receive your dispute, they have to mark their tradeline as "In Dispute". If they do not, then sue them. Then, if they do not remove the tradeline, then sue them for not removing. That is a FCRA claim.

If they started reporting before validating and they received your DV Letter, that is a FDCPA violation.

Remember that because you are in Texas, they must validate and it must be within 30 days per the Texas Finance Code section 392.

Even when I have gotten a reply for my DV, it has always been after 30 days. This will give you one more violations to use against them for whatever your final objective is.

Make sure you are familiar with all of the consumer protection laws you have in Texas, as some violations are punishable by Treble (3X) damages + attorney fees.

Texas Deceptive Trade Practices (DTPA)

Texas Finance Code (TFC)

Texas Debt Collection Practices Act (TDCPA)