Negative Closed Account - Am I out of luck?

inochi

Hi,

I am a new member here and found it as I was googling ways to repair my credit. Well for the past couple years I have been trying to repair my credit and currently I have one negative closed account from Citibank. It was a credit card I had in college which TBH I was being irresponsible with.

Now I am looking to fix my credit and was looking through this forum for some advice. I know my chances of removing this off my credit report is slim, but it is even more slim that it is on a closed account? It's been closed now for 4 years.

Thanks in advance

Is the debt past the statute of limitations? If it is, I would suggest handwritting goodwill letters. Also, keep it simple. You don't need a long letter full of fluff or a$$ kissing.

I had 2 negative closed accounts deleted from my credit report the other day. They were both about 6 years old. I sent a goodwill letter to them. I kept it honest & simple. I told them that when I had the credit card that I was young and made many poor spending decisions, and that I was currently trying to repair my credit so that I can eventually get a credit card & a mortgage. The letter was handwritten. Sent to AMEX & emailed to CHASE. AMEX sent a letter saying they were deleting from my credit report. CHASE called me to tell me they would delete it & were going to send me a letter for my records.

So I am new to all of this. I am not truly aware of what statue of limitations meant so I looked it up. I am in California and it states SOL is 4 years, which this negative credit mark is past.

I will try to write goodwill letters to Citibank. I saw another thread all about goodwill letters sent to Citibank so I will see if I can get information from there. Thank you

Is the debt past the statute of limitations? If it is, I would suggest handwritting goodwill letters. Also, keep it simple. You don't need a long letter full of fluff or a$$ kissing.

I had 2 negative closed accounts deleted from my credit report the other day. They were both about 6 years old. I sent a goodwill letter to them. I kept it honest & simple. I told them that when I had the credit card that I was young and made many poor spending decisions, and that I was currently trying to repair my credit so that I can eventually get a credit card & a mortgage. The letter was handwritten. Sent to AMEX & emailed to CHASE. AMEX sent a letter saying they were deleting from my credit report. CHASE called me to tell me they would delete it & were going to send me a letter for my records.

Oh and I forgot to mention some valuable information. I had paid off the debt a couple months after (again over 4 years ago). So I do not have outstanding debt, but there is a negative mark on my credit report due to it.