Medical Collection Uninsured-strategy help

Cliff2009

We had an issue where my wife had to go to the ER about a month before we were eligible for our insurance. (I know, great timing)

A few months of bills from the hospital go by but we weren't in any position to pay. Now it has been "turned over" to a collection agency. It is not on her CR yet since they said they wait until the 30 days are up.

Should I DV them? Any other suggestions, I just need to buy some time before I can offer them a settlement.

Always DV a CA. Make them prove they have right person, account, and amount. Beleive it or not, there are some crooked people out there who will say they are collecting for something they have no right to.

And...settle with the hospital...not the CA.

Thanks, I will DV. It says to make no payments to the hospital, so I should ignore that? What if the hospital says to deal with the CA?