I know what to do, but have another question about DVs in general

Moar Coffee

I know the process for DVing and all that, but I'm wondering: if I DV CAs who haven't bothered to find me, or haven't found me, won't I just be clueing them into my location and all that?

None of the items are past the SOL. All within the last few years, a few medical bills and a cable and phone bill.

I apologize if it's been asked before.

Has anyone really regretted DVing idle CAs just to clear up a credit report and gotten them active?

Thanks.

I would not bother with them if there not past SOL,unless you want to work out a payment with them.If they come back verfied then they wil probbaly start calling you.I have one that went to a CA and the 4 years SOL is up in oct.Im going to leave them alone untill the first of the year & work on the ones that are past SOL.Good luck.

That's what I figured. I have only one TL that isn't a debt from the last three years - it's an account that I never had.

I guess I'll just wait the CAs out and dispute later.

If I dispute JUST with the CRAs, will it trigger, I wonder? I'm so afraid of starting a full-bore collection attempt by all the hospitals I owe.

Has anyone really regretted DVing idle CAs just to clear up a credit report and gotten them active? Thanks.

There is not a lot of this horrible idea going around that I have heard or read about that does not have something to do with a home loan.

If your to that point, the creditor is going to know and you will have no leverage. They know the bank will want the account paid off.

Out of the statute of limitations? That's a whole different story.

Every time I pull my Credit reports, it gets things stirred up...I get letters and phone calls weeks or months later from CAs. I don't make contact unless they are past SOL or I want to settle with them.

I also have everything sent to a Post Office Box. Tried to make it harder to get served, if that should happen. Once they start to call, I keep my land line answering machine 'full' so they can't leave messages. All my debts are past SOL except a huge repo ( ex got car and didn't make payments).....keeping fingers crossed until the 6 year mark next March.